Human free estrone saliva ELISA kit is an accurate in vitro quantitative method for analysing free estrone (unconjugated estrone) in human saliva samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.12 pg/ml.
Estrone is the main form of estrogen found in the body after menopause and it helps to reduce these risks by providing important benefits such as; reducing hot flashes, improving bone density, regulating mood and sleep. It is formed from the conversion of both testosterone and SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin), these two hormones are good for men.
At rest or during exercise, estradiol concentrations are increased in women by about 50% due to aromatization to estrone. This increase is minimized if estrogen precursors primarily come from peripheral tissues rather than hepatic conversion of androstenedione. Elevated plasma estradiol levels can occur at any age when a profound influence on weight gain occurs.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwell Plate (96 Wells): Coated with polyclonal estrone antibody.
- Standards 0 – 5: Concentrations 0, 3, 12.3, 37, 111, 333 pg/ml. The standards are calibrated against the following reference material. (certified reference material; E-075; cerilliant).
- Control Low And Control High.
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of estrone conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human free estrone using current estrone saliva ELISA kit was approximately 0.12 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3 – 333 pg/ml.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.12 – 333.0 pg/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.12 pg/ml.
– Limit of Blank (LoB): 0.08 pg/mL.
– Limit of Detection (LoD): is 1.073 pg/mL.
– Limit of Quantification (LoQ): is 3.104 pg/mL.
– Intra-Assay Variation: 2.4 – 9.4%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 4.2 – 14.1%
– Recovery: 86.3 – 112.2%
– Linearity: 88.5 – 113.9%
– Interfering Substances: Visible blood contamination in saliva samples will affect results.
– Drug Interferences: None
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: None
- Increasing saliva (free) oestriol to progesterone ratio in late pregnancy: a role for oestriol in initiating spontaneous labour in man? Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). (1984) 289 (6443): 457-9. McGarrigle H.H. and Lachelin G.C.
- Saliva oestriol, oestradiol, oestrone and progesterone levels in pregnancy: spontaneous labour at term is preceded by a rise in the saliva oestriol:progesterone ratio. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. (1987) 94 (3): 227-35. Darne J., et al.
- Solid-phase enzymo-immunoassay of estrone in saliva. Clin Chem. (1989) 35 (4): 569-72. Folan J., et al.
- Metabolism of estrone and progesterone in vitro in human saliva. J Steroid Biochem. (1975) 6 (10): 1455-8. Elattar T.M.
- Full Name: Free Estrone Saliva ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Saliva
- Sensitivity: 0.12 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields