Human diphtheria toxin IgG ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies against diphtheria toxin (diphtheria toxoid IgG) using samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.004 IU/ml.
Diphtheria is a contagious, acute and febrile illness which is the result of the bacterium Corynebacterium diphtheria. This bacteria is able to produce a potent diphtheria exotoxin that can be absorbed systemically and eventually lead to the paralysis of the diaphragm and cardiac failure. Diphtheria toxin is a 535 amino acids polypeptide chain that is made up of two subunits that are linked by disulfide bridges, these are called A-B toxin. The disease itself can be described as a combination of localized inflammation within the upper respiratory tract along with the formation of a diphtheric pseudomembrane over the oropharynx (this can include larynx, pharynx, tonsils and the posterior nasal passage). The disease can also be prevented by vaccination using diphtheria toxoid, which leads to the stimulation of anti-diphtheria toxoid antibodies. A patient’s immunological response to diphtheria toxoid vaccination is measured by detecting levels of anti-diphtheria toxoid IgG antibody using ELISA technology.
DIPHTHERIA TOXOID IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Diphtheria Toxoid antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrators A-D.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against diphtheria toxin (diphtheria toxoid IgG) using current human diphtheria toxin IgG ELISA kit was 0.004 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.01 – 1.0 IU/ml.
– Diphtheria Toxin ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 7.5 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 4.9 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 2.3 – 7.4 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.004 IU/mL
– Recovery: 96 – 102 %
– Linearity: 78 – 133 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Clostridium tetani.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 94 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 94 %
– Measuring Range: 0.01 – 1.0 IU/mL
- Evaluation and characterisation of A and B fragments of Corynebacterium diphtheriae toxin towards recombinant diphtheria vaccine. Indian J Med Microbiol. (2013) 31 (1): 3-9. Abulmagd S., et al.
- Comparison of seven commercial enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for the detection of anti-diphtheria toxin antibodies. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. (2013) 32 (7): 891-7. Zasada A.A., et al.
- Preparation of a diphtheria toxin-pullulan conjugate that elicits good IgG antibody production with poor IgE synthesis. Vaccine. (1990) 8 (1): 65-9. Yamaya S., et al.
- Some properties of IgG against diphtheria toxin synthesized in Xenopus oocytes containing mRNA from hybridoma. Biochim Biophys Acta. (1985) 825 (2): 188-98. Hara Y., et al.
- Reducing anti-DT IgG concentrations to improve the efficacy of a diphtheria fusion protein. Anticancer Drugs. (2008) 19 (10): 1007-11. Hall P.D., et al.
- Full Name: Diphtheria Toxoid IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.004 IU/ml