Human CK-MB ELISA kit is intended for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of creatine kinase MB (CK-MB) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.94 ng/ml.
Creatine kinase (CK) which was previously known as creatine phosphokinase, is an intracellular enzyme that is found in heart, brain and muscles. It is known to exit as three different isoenzymes CK-MB, CK-MM and CK-BB. CK-MB is most frequently found in the muscles of the heart, CK-MM can be found in the skeletal and voluntary muscles of the body and CK-BB is found in the brain, smooth and involuntary muscles of the body.
Creatine kinase MB is released into blood when there is damage to the heart muscles, for example during a heart attack, the levels of CK-MB rise around 3-6 hours after the onset of chest pains and they peak at 12-24 and the return to normal levels around 48-72 hours. This creatine kinase MB ELISA kit is a useful marker for the heart in order to identify if any trauma or injury has taken place. However, a troponin test is normally the first choice since it is more specific for damage to the heart but if this is not available then CK-MB is considered an acceptable substitute.
CK-MB ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microwell Plate: Creatine kinase MB specific antibody pre-coated wells.
- Standards: Concentrations 0.156, 0.313, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotin Conjugated Antibody (Dilution 1:100).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- Streptavidin-HRP Conjugate (SABC)(Dilution 1:100).
- SABC Diluent Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human creatine kinase MB (CK-MB) using current CK-MB ELISA kit was 0.94 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Creatine Kinase MB (CK-MB): ELISA
– Intra Assay Precision: < 8%
– Inter Assay Precision: < 10%
– Sample Recovery (After Spiking): 87 – 102% (Serum), 96 – 103% (EDTA-Plasma), 87 – 102% (Heparin-Plasma).
– Linearity (1:4): 90 – 103% (Serum), 83 – 100% (EDTA-Plasma), 87 – 100% (Heparin-Plasma).
- The clinical utility of CK-MB measurement in patients suspected of acute coronary syndrome. Clin Chim Acta. (2016) 456: 89-92. Kim J. and Hashim I.A.
- Isolated creatine kinase-MB rise with normal cardiac troponins: a strange occurrence with difficult interpretation. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). (2011) 12 (10): 736-40. Review. Ricci F. and De Caterina R.
- A tale of two biomarkers: the use of troponin and CK-MB in contemporary practice. Clin Lab Sci. (2010) 23 (3): 134-40. Review. Saenger A.K.
- Elevated cardiac biomarkers with normal right ventricular size indicate an unlikely diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism in stable patients. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. (2011) 17 (6): E153-7. Stein P.D., et al.
- Laboratory diagnosis of patients with acute chest pain. Clin Chem Lab Med. (2000) 38 (3): 187-97. Review. Penttilä I., et al.
- Full Name: Creatine Kinase MB (CK-MB) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.94 ng/ml