Human cTn-I ELISA kit is a protocol for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of cardiac troponin I (cTn-I) in human cell culture supernatant, plasma, serum, cell lysates and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 9.38 pg/ml.
Troponin I (cTn-I) is an important cardiac and skeletal muscle protein and has been a vital tool for diagnosing heart attack. It belongs to the troponin protein complex and has the ability to bind actin in the thin myofilaments in order to hold the actin-tropomyosin complex together. Cardiac troponin I, which is often referred to as cTn-I, consists of 209 amino acids with a molecular weight of 23.9 kDa and it is present within cardiac muscle tissue as a single isoform.
Cardiac troponin I is found to differ from other troponins family members because of its 26 amino acids extension in the N-terminal. Multiple reaction which are able to monitor human cTnI has identified at least 14 phosphorylation sites and also found that the phosphorylation pattern in these sites can changed in response to disease. Troponin I, however, is not only specific for myocardial damage secondary to infarction but has been known to be elevated in heart failure, chronic renal failure, chronic renal failure and subarachnoid haemorrhage.
CARDIAC TROPONIN I ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microwell Plate: BNP antibody pre-coated wells.
- Standards: Concentrations 15.63, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1,000 pg/ml
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotin Conjugated Antibody (Dilution 1:100).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- Conjugate Reagent (Dilution 1:100).
- Diluent Buffer.
- TMB Substrate Reagent.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human cTn-I using this cardiac troponin I ELISA kit was 9.38 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.6 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
– Cardiac Troponin I (cTn-I): ELISA
– Intra Assay Precision: < 10%
– Inter Assay Precision: < 10%
- Standardisation of cardiac troponin I measurement: past and present. Pathology. (2010) 42 (5): 402-8. Review. Tate J.R., et al.
- Cardiac troponin assays in the management of heart failure. Clin Chim Acta. (2015) 441: 92-8. Review. Torre M. and Jarolim P.
- Human cardiac troponin complex. Structure and functions. Biochemistry (Mosc). (2013) 78 (13): 1447-65. Review. Katrukha I.A.
- Diagnostics on acute myocardial infarction: Cardiac troponin biomarkers. Biosens Bioelectron. (2015) 70: 209-20. Review. Fathil M.F., et al.
- Integration of troponin I phosphorylation with cardiac regulatory networks. Circ Res. (2013) 112 (2): 355-66. Review. Solaro R.J., et al.
- Cardiac troponins in renal insufficiency: review and clinical implications. J Am Coll Cardiol. (2002) 40 (12): 2065-71. Review. Freda B.J., et al.
- Full Name: Cardiac Troponin I (cTn-I) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 9.38 pg/ml