Rat COX-2 ELISA kit can be used for detecting quantitative levels of rat cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2, COX-2) in the lysates of tissues or cells. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.16 ng/ml.
Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) is also called prostaglandin G/H synthase 2 (PGHS2), it is an enzyme that is membrane bound that is important in the catalysis of prostanoid synthesis. It is responsible for the forming of prostanoid which can include prostaglandins and thromboxane (for example prostacyclin). Prostaglandins are essential composed of two enzymes, cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). The expression of COX-2 is tightly regulated and induced through many inflammatory mediators such as cytokines, growth factors and endotoxin. Functionally, COX2 is a homodimer that is responsible for catalysing two steps during the conversion process of arachadonic acid into prostaglandin H2. It can be inducibly-expressed by many different cell types such as monocytes, endothelium, fibroblasts and vascular smooth muscle cells.
RAT COX-2 ELISA KIT CONTENT
- All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate.
- Labelled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- HRP Conjugated Anti-Rat COX-2 (2h3).
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labelled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of rat cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) using current rat COX-2 ELISA kit was approximately 0.16 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.31 – 20.0 ng/ml.
– Rat COX-2: ELISA
– Titer Assay: 58.9 – 103.1%
– Added Recovery Assay: 53.1 – 75.5%
– Intra – Assay: 3.7 – 6.7%
– Inter – Assay: 6.8 – 9.9%
– Sensitivity: 0.16 ng/mL
- BDNF and COX-2 participate in anti-depressive mechanisms of catalpol in rats undergoing chronic unpredictable mild stress. Physiol Behav. (2015) 151: 360-8. Wang J.M., et al.
- Differential expression of COX-2 in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Genet Mol Res. (2015) 14 (4): 12872-9. Fan H.W., et al.
- Does miRNA-155 Promote Cyclooxygenase-2 Expression in Cancer? Drug Dev Res. (2015) 76 (7): 354-6. Review. Comer B.S.
- Cyclooxygenase 2: its regulation, role and impact in airway inflammation. Clin Exp Allergy. (2016) 46 (3): 397-410. Review. Rumzhum N.N. and Ammit A.J.
- COX-2 inhibitors: a novel strategy in the management of breast cancer. Drug Discov Today. (2016) 21 (4): 598-615. Review. Regulski M., et al.
- Full Name: COX-2 (Cyclooxygenase-2) ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Tissue Lysates, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.16 ng/ml