Full Name: Chlamydia Trachomatis IgG ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: diagn. >95.0%
The bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis is a prevalent sexually transmitted infection with a unique biphasic life cycle consisting of infectious elementary bodies and replicative reticulate bodies. The elementary bodies are tiny, round, spore-like structures that attach to and enter the epithelial cells of the host. Once inside the cell, they differentiate into reticulate bodies that proliferate by binary fission within an inclusion vacuole bounded by a membrane. The reticulate bodies later convert back into elementary bodies that are released from the cell to disseminate the infection.
C. trachomatis is capable of infecting the columnar epithelial cells found in the urethra and reproductive system. It circumvents host immune defenses by remaining inside cells and blocking fusion of lysosomes with the inclusion. Through its type III secretion system, C. trachomatis injects effector proteins into the host cell that promote infection. Some strains harbor a cryptic plasmid that may encode virulence elements. Inflammation often arises as immune cells react to infected epithelial cells.
There are various C. trachomatis serovars that cause different diseases. Serovars A-C lead to ocular infections including trachoma, the primary source of preventable blindness globally. Serovars D-K infect the urogenital tract, resulting in nongonococcal urethritis, cervicitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and infertility. Serovars L1-L3 cause lymphogranuloma venereum. Vertical transmission from mother to infant can produce pneumonia and conjunctivitis in babies. Since genital infections are frequently asymptomatic, routine screening and treatment are imperative for disease prevention and control.
Human Chlamydia trachomatis IgG ELISA kit is designed for analysing in-vitro concentrations of human IgG antibodies against Chlamydia trachomatis (Chlamydia trachomatis-IgG) in serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. >95.0%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Cut-off Control.
- Positive Control.
- Negative Control.
- Chlamydia trachomatis anti-IgG Conjugate.
- IgG Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
- Chlamydia trachomatis Coated Microplate (IgG).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis using current Chlamydia trachomatis IgG ELISA kit was to a diagn. >95.0%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
– Equivocal: 9 – 11 U
– Positive: > 11 U
– Cut-Off: 10 U
– Negative: < 9 U
– Diagnostic Specificity: 95.93%
– Diagnostic Sensitivity: 97.33%
– Cross Reactivity: No false positives identified.
– Interferences: No interferences using lipemic, haemolytic and icteric samples.
- Elevated serum Chlamydia trachomatis IgG antibodies. What do they mean for IVF pregnancy rates and loss? J Reprod Med. (1997) 42 (5): 281-6. Sharara F.I., et al.
- Chlamydia trachomatis-IgG seropositivity is associated with lower natural conception rates in ovulatory subfertile women without visible tubal pathology. Hum Reprod. (2011) 26 (11): 3061-7. Coppus S.F., et al.
- [Chlamydia trachomatis antigens in endocervical samples and serum IgG antibodies in sterile-infertile women using ELISA]. Mikrobiyol Bul. (1992) 26 (3): 203-13. Turkish. Cengiz L., et al.
- The value of Chlamydia trachomatis-specific IgG antibody testing and hysterosalpingography for predicting tubal pathology and occurrence of pregnancy. Fertil Steril. (2007) 88 (1): 224-6. Perquin D.A., et al.
- Usefulness of enzyme linked immunosorbent assays species specific in the detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlamydophila pneumoniae IgG antibodies in patients with genital infections or respiratory tract infections. Pathol Biol (Paris). (2008) 56 (3): 143-7. Frikha-Gargouri O., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Chlamydia Trachomatis-IgM ELISA Kit
- Chlamydia Trachomatis-IgA ELISA Kit
- Chlamydia Pneumoniae-IgG ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields