Full Name: Chlamydia Pneumoniae IgG ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: diagn. 90.2%
Chlamydia pneumoniae infects and replicates within epithelial cells, like other chlamydia, it has a biphasic life cycle with infectious elementary bodies and larger replicative reticulate bodies. The elementary body is the small, rigid spore-like infectious form, equipped with a tough cell wall. Elementary bodies attach to and enter host cells, then transition into reticulate bodies that multiply by binary fission inside an inclusion vacuole. Reticulate bodies can then redifferentiate back into elementary bodies, which are released to infect new cells.
C. pneumoniae possesses a cell wall with LPS and outer membrane proteins that enable adhesion to and entry into respiratory epithelial cells. Inside host cells, C. pneumoniae avoids immune detection and inhibition by preventing fusion with phagolysosomes. It can also adopt a persistent non-replicative state. Its type III secretion system injects effector proteins that co-opt host cell processes for its own infectious purposes.
Though acute C. pneumoniae respiratory infections are generally mild, causing pharyngitis, sinusitis, or bronchitis, the bacterium has been linked to chronic diseases like asthma, COPD exacerbations, and community-acquired pneumonia. Seroprevalence studies indicate most people are infected at some point, and reinfection is common since natural immunity is short-lived.
Human Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG ELISA kit is a procedure intended for in-vitro detection of human IgG class antibodies against Chlamydia pneumoniae (Chlamydia pneumoniae-IgG) in serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 90.2%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Chlamydia pneumoniae Coated Microplate (IgG).
- Cut-off Control.
- Positive Control.
- Negative Control.
- Chlamydia pneumoniae anti-IgG Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- IgG Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG class antibodies to Chlamydia pneumoniae using current Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG ELISA kit was to a diagn. 90.2%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
– Positive: > 11 U
– Negative: < 9 U
– Equivocal: 9 – 11 U
– Cut-Off: 10 U
– Diagnostic Specificity: 95.12%
– Diagnostic Sensitivity: 81.61%
– Cross Reactivity: No false-positive results were revealed.
– Interferences: Interferences with hemolytic, lipemic or icteric samples are not observed up to a concentration of 0.5 mg/ml bilirubin, 5 mg/ml triglycerides and 10 mg/ml hemoglobin.
- The proatherogenic properties of lipoprotein(a) may be enhanced through the formation of circulating immune complexes containing Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific IgG antibodies. Eur Heart J. (2000) 21 (8): 639-46. Glader C.A., et al.
- The species specificity of the micro immunofluorescence antibody test and comparisons with a time resolved fluoroscopic immunoassay for measuring IgG antibodies against Chlamydia pneumoniae. J Clin Pathol. (1999) 52 (2): 99-102. Wong Y.K., et al.
- Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG seropositivity in deep-vein thrombosis. Lancet. (2000) 356 (9241): 1606-7. Maraha B., et al.
- Role of IgG-seropositivity to Chlamydia pneumoniae in early thrombotic events after coronary stent placement. Atherosclerosis. (2003) 166 (1): 171-6. da Costa C.P., et al.
- Detection of serum antibodies against Chlamydia-pneumoniae by ELISA. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. (1996) 14 (2-3): 179-83. Numazaki K., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Chlamydia Pneumoniae-IgM ELISA Kit
- Chlamydia Pneumoniae-IgA ELISA Kit
- Chlamydia Trachomatis-IgG ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields