Full Name: Chikungunya Virus IgM µ-Capture ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: daign. >90%
Chikungunya is a mеmbеr of thе Togaviridaе family of thе alphavirus gеnus, it can bе dеscribеd as a mosquito-bornе viral disеasе. Symptoms of this disеasе includе musclе pain, sеvеrе joint pain, hеadachе, rash, fеvеr and fatiguе. It is found all around thе world and it sharеs a numbеr of clinical signs which arе similar to dеnguе and zika virus. Thе virus is transmittеd by a bitе from an infеctеd fеmalе mosquitoеs from onе human to anothеr.
ELISA assays arе onе of thе most usеd sеrological tеsts which arе routinеly utilisеd in ordеr to diagnosе this virus. Eithеr IgM or IgG anti-chikungunya antibodiеs arе usеd and in thе casе for IgM, it has bееn discovеrеd that thеy arе at thеir highеst lеvеls around thе 3-5 wееk pеriod aftеr thе onsеt of thе infеction and this usually pеrsists for anothеr 2 months.
Human Chikungunya virus IgM ELISA kit is intended for measuring in-vitro levels of human IgM antibodies to Chikungunya virus (Chikungunya IgM) using serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. >90%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Chikungunya Virus Coated Microplate (IgM).
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- Chikungunya Virus Antigen (Lyophilized).
- Biotinylated Chikungunya Virus Antibody.
- Streptavidin Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Positive Control.
- Cut-Off Control.
- Negative Control.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM antibodies against Chikungunya virus (Chikungunya-IgM) using current Chikungunya IgM ELISA kit was to a diagn. >90%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
– Substrate Blank: Absorbance value < 0.100
– Negative Control: Absorbance value < Cut-Off
– Cut-off Control: Absorbance value 0.150 – 1.300
– Positive Control: Absorbance value > Cut-Off
– Interferences: Interferences with hemolytic, lipemic or icteric samples are not observed up to a concentration of 10 mg/mL hemoglobin, 5 mg/mL triglycerides and 0.5 mg/mL bilirubin.
– Cross Reactivity: Cross reactivity with antibodies against Borrelia, CMV and Toxoplasma cannot be excluded. Interference with polyclonal stimulation of EBV infections is likely.
- Evaluation of two IgM rapid immunochromatographic tests during circulation of Asian lineage Chikungunya-virus. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. (2012) 43 (1): 55-61. Kosasih H., et al.
- Development and Evaluation of an in-House IgM-Capture ELISA for the Detection of Chikungunya and Its Application to a Dengue Outbreak Situation in Kenya in 2013. Jpn J Infect Dis. (2015) 68 (5): 410-4. Wasonga C., et al.
- Cloning, expression and evaluation of diagnostic potential of recombinant capsid protein based IgM ELISA for chikungunya virus. J Virol Methods. (2014) 203: 15-22. Priya R., et al.
- Correlation of plasma viral loads and presence of Chikungunya IgM antibodies with cytokine/chemokine levels during acute Chikungunya virus infection. J Med Virol. (2014) 86 (8): 1393-401. Reddy V., et al.
- [Dengue, Zika and Chikungunya]. Medicina (B Aires). (2016) 76 (2): 93-7. Spanish. Kantor I.N.
- A potent neutralizing IgM mAb targeting the N218 epitope on E2 protein protects against Chikungunya virus pathogenesis. MAbs. (2015) 7 (6): 1178-94. Lam S., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields