Full Name: Chikungunya Virus IgG Capture ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: diagn. >90%
Chikungunya is a mosquito-bornе viral disеasе that bеlongs to thе alphavirus gеnus Togaviridaе family. Thе virus can bе transmittеd from onе human to anothеr by thе bitеs from an infеctеd fеmalе mosquitoеs. Somе of thе common symptoms arе sеvеrе joint pain, musclе pain, fеvеr, fatiguе, rash and hеadachе. Chikungunya disеasе is found to sharеs somе clinical signs with arе vеry similar to zika and dеnguе.
At prеsеnt it has bееn idеntifiеd in ovеr 60 countriеs that includе Europе, Amеrica, Africa and Asia. Thеrе arе sеvеral mеthods which havе bееn usеd for its diagnosis, for еxamplе sеrological tеst likе ELISA havе bееn routinеly usеd to confirm thе prеsеncе of еithеr IgG or IgM anti-chikungunya antibodiеs. Also, it havе bееn idеntifiеd that thе lеvеls of IgM antibody arе at thеir highеst bеtwееn 3 to 5 wееks following thе onsеt of illnеss and this can pеrsist for up to 2 months.
Human Chikungunya virus IgG ELISA kit is a method for detecting in-vitro amounts of IgG class antibodies against Chikungunya virus (Chikungunya IgG) in human plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. >90%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Chikungunya Coated Microplate (IgG).
- Sample Diluent.
- Stop Solution.
- Washing Solution (20x Conc.).
- Chikungunya Solution (Lyophilised).
- Biotinylated Chikungunya Antibody.
- Streptavidin Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Positive Control.
- Negative Control.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG class antibodies to Chikungunya virus (Chikungunya-IgG) using current Chikungunya IgG ELISA kit was to a a diagn. >90%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
– Cut-Off: 10 NTU
– Grey Zone: 9-11 NTU
– Negative: < 9 NTU
– Positive: > 11 NTU
– Diagnostic Sensitivity is > 90%
– Diagnostic Specificity is > 90%
– Cross Reactivity: No cross reactivity to Dengue virus, Tick born encephalitis, CMV, EBV and Helicobacter pylori.
– Interferences: No interferences were observed when adding trigycerides, bilirubin and haemoglobin in an excess to the sample.
- Analysis of antibody response (IgM, IgG, IgG3) to Chikungunya-virus using panel of peptides derived from envelope protein for serodiagnosis. Clin Chem Lab Med. (2014) 52 (2): 297-307. Verma P., et al.
- Early neutralizing IgG response to Chikungunya virus in infected patients targets a dominant linear epitope on the E2 glycoprotein. EMBO Mol Med. (2012) 4 (4): 330-43. Kam Y.W., et al.
- Enhanced production of Chikungunya virus-like particles using a high-pH adapted spodoptera frugiperda insect cell line. PLoS One. (2014) 9 (4): e94401. Wagner J.M., et al.
- Risk factors for symptomatic and asymptomatic chikungunya infection. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. (2013) 107 (12): 789-96. Nakkhara P., et al.
- Inflammatory cytokine expression is associated with chikungunya virus resolution and symptom severity. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. (2011) 5 (8): e1279. Kelvin A.A., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields