Full Name: Adenovirus IgM ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 1.08 U/ml
Adenoviruses is classified as a viral disease and a respiratory tract agent that is ubiquitous and can be present in either humans or animals. They belong to a family of adenoviridae which contain icosahedral particles that are 90-100nm in size. After infection, specific antibodies are produced which are directed against the pathogen. This is essentially the result of a response from the immune system as a self defence mechanism. It is therefore, possible to detect and analyse these antibodies present in the serum using immunological methods.
The incubation period is generally 5-7 days and the infection is able to spread either by aerial-droplet route or through general intestinal infections. Adenoviruses tend to have similar characteristic which include being located in the nucleus, a common complement-fixing antigens and a marked stability to environmental effects. They can lead to many different diseases which can either occur singly or currently, some common infections are those of the intestinal and upper respiratory tract or the eyes.
Human adenovirus IgM ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro amounts of IgM antibodies against adenovirus (adenovirus-IgM) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.08 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Adenovirus antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM antibodies to adenovirus (adenovirus IgM) using current adenovirus IgM ELISA kit was 1.08 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 7.8 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 8.0 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 2.2 – 8.0 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.08 U/mL
– Recovery: 94 – 99 %
– Linearity: 69 – 125 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Influenza A and RSV.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Impact of natural IgM concentration on gene therapy with adenovirus type 5 vectors. J Virol. (2015) 89 (6): 3412-6. Qiu Q., et al.
- Fluorescent antibody responses to adenoviruses in humans. J Clin Pathol. (1976) 29 (5): 411-6. Ariyawansa J.P and Tobin J.O.
- The Seroprevalence of Some Pathogen Specific IgM in Children with Acute Respiratory Tract Infections in Guangzhou Region, 2011 – 2012. Clin Lab. (2015) 61 (8): 917-24. Lin Z.F., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for detecting antibodies in sera of patients with adenovirus infection. J Virol Methods. (1989) 23 (3): 321-32. Thiele G.M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields