Human CA 72-4 ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of cancer antigen 72-4 (CA 72-4, tumor associated antigen 72, CA72-4, TAG-72) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.79 U/ml.
Please note that small volumes of the CA 72-4 elisa kit can sometimes get entrapped in the seal of the vial when it is shipped and stored. If this happens, you will need to centrifuge the vial on a hard surface to dislodge any liquid.
Cancer antigen 72-4 (CA72-4) was originally discovered as an antigenic determinant that is recognised by B 72.3 and it was named as TAG-72 (tumor associated antigen 72). TAG-72 protein has a molecular weight of 48 kDa. Elevated concentrations using either samples of plasma or serum for analysis purpose have been identified in a large number of malignant diseases, examples include cancer of the stomach, pancreas, ovaries, cervix, colon and endometrium. However, these are found to be rarely expressed in normal or benign adult tissues. It is of particular interest for many clinical healthcare hospital departments, since it displays excellent specificity and has the capability in diagnosing and monitoring many different types of neoplastic diseases.
There is also a good correlation between the CA 72-4 levels and tumor size and stage. Gastrointestinal malignant diseases has been found to demonstrate a significant elevations in serum levels that could be predictive of recurrent disease. It is now regarded as the primary marker of choice for therapeutic monitoring and the subsequent follow up care of gastrointestinal patients.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells: Coated with anti-CA 72-4 antibody (monoclonal).
- Standard (0-4): Concentrations 0, 3, 20, 50, 100 U/mL.
- Control Low & High (Lyophilized).
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate (10x Conc.).
- Conjugate Diluent.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 1 N acidic solution.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human cancer antigen 72-4 (CA 72-4, TAG-72, tumor associated antigen 72, CA72-4) using current CA 72-4 ELISA kit was 0.79 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.78 – 100 U/mL
– Specificity of Antibodies (Cross Reactivity): None
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.79 U/mL
– Intra Assay: 1.6 – 2.4%
– Inter Assay: 4.2 – 4.8%
– Recovery: 88.2 – 106.8%
– Linearity: 86.3 – 112.3%
– Interfering Substances: Haemoglobin (up to 4 mg/mL), Bilirubin (up to 0.5 mg/mL) and Triglyceride (up to 7.5 mg/mL) have no influence on the assay results. Triglycerides > 7.5 mg/mL will -result in decreased values.
– Drug Interference: None
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: No hook effect was observed up to 6,400 U/mL of CA 72-4.
- CA 72-4 serum marker–a new tool in the management of carcinoma patients. Cancer Invest. (1995) 13 (2): 227-38. Review. Guadagni F., et al.
- A spectrum of monoclonal antibodies reactive with human mammary tumor cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. (1981), 78, 3199-3203. Colcher, D.; Hand, P.H.; Nuti, M.; Schlom, J.
- Diagnostic Value of Serum Insulin Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 7 in Colorectal Cancer. (2020) B Qui, L Chu, X Li, Y Peng.
- Full Name: CA 72-4 ELISA Kit (Cancer Antigen 72-4)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.79 U/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields