Full Name: Bovine Brucella IgG Ab ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Milk
Brucella is a gram negative zoonotic bacteria that is frequently discovered in cattle (especially bovine), despite many eradication programmes carried out in many countries throughout the world, this infection still remains an endemic in many cattle population. This has resulted in serological test for brucella infected cattle being routinely undertake through serum screening for antibodies directed against bacterial agglutinating antigens. Brucella, which cross react with small amounts of other species. Brucellae are highly adapted to the environment and they have developed mechanisms to resist the immune systems of its hosts. They are also known for their ability to cause epidemics that challenge the local health services especially in developing countries due to isolated livestock-human contact.
Screens are often useful for the initial presumptive diagnosis of brucellosis or in many cases to even screen the complete herds. However, these test are time consuming, provide limited sensitivity and in most cases very difficult to read. This monoclonal antibody based procedure is designed to provide highly sensitive and specific, as well as a rapid screen for analysing Brucella antibodies present in milk and serum samples of infected cattle. The immune system makes antibodies in reaction to microorganisms. It is typically possible to use a commercial kit to determine whether a specific antibody is present. This antibody-based assay is highly sensitive and specific and can detect Brucella antibodies specifically in milk and serum samples of infected cattle.
Bovine brucella IgG ELISA kit is intended for measuring levels of IgG antibodies against polysaccharide epitopes of brucella (bovine) in serum or milk samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: Coated with brucella polysaccharide antigen.
- Strip Holder.
- ELISA Buffer.
- HRPO: Conjugated anti-species antibodies.
- Inactivated Positive Control (Freeze-Dried).
- Negative Control (Freeze Dried).
- Wash Solution (200x Concentrated).
- Substrate A.
- Substrate B.
- Stop Solution.
- Plastic Cover Seal.
The standard range of IgG antibodies to bovine brucella epitopes using current bovine brucella IgG ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
– Qualitative: Samples with the S/P ratio ≥0 .4 are positive and samples with the S/P ratio < 0 .4 are negative.
– Quantitative: End point titre – ELISA titres can be calculated using as cut-off 2.5 times OD value of negative control at 1:30.
- Detection of brucella antibodies of different immunoglobulin classes in cow milk by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. Am J Vet Res. (1983) 44 (2): 306-8. Thoen C.O., et al.
- Improved competitive enzyme immunoassay for the diagnosis of bovine brucellosis. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (1995) 46 (3-4): 285-91. Nielsen K.H., et al
- [Serological diagnosis of brucellosis in cattle. A comparison between ELISA (IgG) and classical serological tests]. Dev Biol Stand. (1984) 56: 451-63. French. Trap D. and Gaumont R.
- A combined DNA vaccine provides protective immunity against Mycobacterium bovis and Brucella abortus in cattle. DNA Cell Biol. (2009) 28 (4): 191-9. Hu X.D., et al.
- Evaluation of the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in the detection of cattle infected with Brucella abortus. Vet Microbiol. (1984) 10 (1): 23-32. Sutherland S.S.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields