Full Name: Brucella Abortus IgM ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 1.03 U/ml
There are several species of Brucella that infect different animal hosts but all share similar biology. Brucella has a cell wall structure containing lipopolysaccharide that helps avoid phagocytosis. Its cell membrane contains phospholipids and outer membrane proteins involved in virulence.
Brucella invades macrophages and other phagocytic cells, where it can survive and replicate within a membrane-bound compartment. Virulence factors include surface proteins that mediate adhesion to host cells. The type IV secretion system delivers effector proteins into host cells that subvert their functions to promote Brucella survival and replication. Brucella also secretes factors that inhibit macrophage activation and circumvent apoptosis.
In animals, Brucella causes reproductive disease like abortions and sterility. Zoonotic transmission to humans occurs through ingestion of infected food or contact with tissues and secretions. Chronic brucellosis is difficult to treat with antibiotics because cells harboring dormant Brucella are not eliminated.
Human Brucella abortus IgM ELISA kit is designed for analysing in-vitro levels of human IgM antibodies to Brucella abortus (Brucella IgM) in samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.03 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Brucella antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM antibodies against Brucella abortus (Brucella-IgM) using current Brucella abortus IgM ELISA kit was 1.03 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 9.2 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 5.0 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 1.2 – 7.1 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.03 U/mL
– Recovery: 85 – 110 %
– Linearity: 75 – 110 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Bordetella pertussis
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Further evidence that bovine IgM does not fix guinea pig complement. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (1988) 19 (3-4): 197-204. Nielsen K. and Duncan J.R.
- Detection of IgM and IgG antibodies against Brucella by dot-ELISA in humans. J Commun Dis. (1994) 26 (1): 1-5. Barbuddhe S.B., et al.
- Radioimmunoassay of IgM, IgG, and IgA Brucella antibodies. Lancet. (1977) 1 (8021): 1075-8. Parratt D., et al.
- Evaluation of ELISA in the diagnosis of acute and chronic brucellosis in human beings. J Hyg (Lond). (1986) 97 (3): 457-69. Araj G.F., et al.
- Isolation and purification of bovine IgM by dissociating immunoglobulin-brucella complexes. J Immunol Methods. (1979) 31 (3-4): 379-87. Stone S.S., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields