Human BNP ELISA kit is designed for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of brain natriuretic peptide (natriuretic peptide B, BNP, ventricular natriuretic peptide, B-type natriuretic peptide) in human serum, plasma, other biological fluids, cell culture supernatant and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 9.38 pg/ml.
In reaction to the ventricles’ excessive stretching of the heart muscle cells, the brain secretes the natriuretic peptide (BNP). It is a hormone that is exclusively expressed within the heart. Majority of it exists in myocytes in the form of BNP-32, this is usually secreted in patients that experience the following conditions; heart and kidney failure, liver disease and secondary hypertension. The main function is to elicit natriuretic, hypotensive and diuretic effects that will result in protection against increased blood pressure and fluid overload.
BNP is clinically classified as a cardiac biomarker. Elevation levels present in serum is regarded as a better marker for heart failure in comparison to atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP). There is also evidence to indicate that BNP is a therapeutic agent in treating heart failure where it can lead to improvement in hemodynamic parameters especially for the short term.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microwell Plate: BNP antibody pre-coated wells.
- Standards: Concentrations 15.63, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1,000 pg/ml
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotin Conjugated Antibody (100x).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Conjugate Reagent (100x).
- HRP Diluent Buffer.
- TMB Substrate Reagent.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human brain natriuretic peptide (BNP, B-type natriuretic peptide) using this BNP ELISA kit was 9.38 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.63 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
– Intra Assay Precision: < 10%
– Inter Assay Precision: < 10%
- Brain-natriuretic peptide: Much more than a biomarker. Int J Cardiol. (2016) 221: 1031-8. Review. Calzetta L., et al.
- BNP and NT-proBNP elevation after running–a systematic review. Acta Cardiol. (2015) 70 (5): 501-9. Review. Vilela E.M., et al.
- B-type natriuretic peptide-guided therapy: a systematic review. Heart Fail Rev. (2014) 19 (4): 553-64. Review. Balion C., et al.
- The potential and limitations of plasma BNP measurement in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of children with heart failure due to congenital cardiac disease: an update. Heart Fail Rev. (2014) 19 (6): 727-42. Review. Cantinotti M., et al.
- State of the art of immunoassay methods for B-type natriuretic peptides: An update. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. (2015) 52 (2): 56-69. Review. Clerico A., et al.
- Full Name: BNP ELISA Kit (Brain Natriuretic Peptide)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 9.38 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields