Human BMP-5 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone morphogenetic protein-5 (BMP5, BMP-5) in human serum, biological fluids, plasma and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
Bone morphogenetic protein 5 (BMP-5) is a protein that is encoded by the BMP5 gene and can be mapped on the human chromosome 6.4. It is a member of the TGFβ superfamily, this superfamily is composed of a large number of growth and differentiation factors. The original identification of bone morphogenetic proteins was based on their ability to demineralized bone extract in order to induce endochondral osteogenesis (in vivo) in an extra skeletal site.
The standard used in the following assay is recombinant anti-human BMP5 antibody as a monomer that has a total molecular mass of 18KDa. Bone morphogenetic protein 5 may play a certain role in specific cancers, it also like other bone morphogenetic proteins has the ability to induce the development of bone and cartilage. Similar to other BMP’s it can be inhibited by noggin and chordin, furthermore BMP-5 is predominately expressed in the optic nerve head or in the trabecular meshwork, where it could have a role in normal function or in its development. There is also evidence that it can be expressed in the liver and the lungs.
BMP-5 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microplate: Pre-coated with anti-BMP-5 antibody.
- Standard: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized human BMP-5.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- Biotinylated Labelled Antobody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x Conc.).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of bone morphogenetic protein-5 (BMP-5, BMP5) using current human BMP-5 ELISA kit was approximately 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Bone Morphogenetic Protein-5 (BMP-5): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting BMP-5, no cross reactivity or interference between other bone morphogenetic protein-5 analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10% within the expiration date.
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition induced by TGF-β1 is mediated by Blimp-1-dependent repression of BMP-5. Cancer Res. (2012) 72 (23): 6268-78. Romagnoli M., et al.
- A bone morphogenetic protein subfamily: chromosomal localization of human genes for BMP5, BMP6, and BMP7. Genomics (1992) 14 (3): 759–62. Hahn G.V., et al.
- Bone morphogenetic proteins 5 and 6 stimulate osteoclast generation. J Biomed Mater Res A. (2006) 77 (1): 75-83. Wutzl A., et al.
- Bone morphogenetic protein-5 (BMP-5) promotes dendritic growth in cultured sympathetic neurons. BMC Neurosci (2003) 2: 12. Beck H.N., et al.
- Full Name: BMP-5 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml