Human BMP-2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP2, BMP-2) in human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4, BMP4) in humans is encoded by the BMP4 gene that is located on 14q22-q23.1, it is a polypeptide protein which is part of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily. Some of its important functions include: bone and cartilage development, in particular specifically limp and tooth development and repair of fractures.
The following assay can be used for detecting many types of diagnostic applications. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 is a critical signalling molecule in human embryonic development where it is required for early differentiation of the embryo and in establishing the dorsal-ventral axis. It is known to be secreted from the dorsal portion of the notochord and can act in concert with sonic hedgehog to establish a dorsal-ventral axis that can be used for the differentiation of later structures. Other roles included bone mineralization, muscle and uteric bud development, it has also been implicated in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive where it is found to be under expressed. BMP-4 can stimulate the differentiation of overlying ectodermal tissue whilst the inhibition of the BMP4 signal by chordin, follistatin or noggin is known to causes the ectoderm to differentiate into the neural plate.
BMP-4 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microplate: Pre-coated with anti-BMP-4 antibody.
- Standard: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized human BMP-4.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotinylated Labelled Antobody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x Conc.).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of BMP-4 (bone morphogenetic protein-4, BMP4) using current human BMP-4 ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
Bone Morphogenetic Protein-4 (BMP-4): ELISA
Specificity: Highly specific for detecting BMP-4, no cross reactivity or interference between other bone morphogenetic protein-4 analogues was detected.
Recovery: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (91 – 103%).
Linearity: Serum (86 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 97%).
Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
Stability: Less than 10% within the expiration date.
- Pituitary tumors: cell type-specific roles for BMP-4. Mol Cell Endocrinol. (2010) 326 (1-2): 85-8. Review. Labeur M., et al.
- CCN3 increases BMP4 expression and bone mineralization in osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. (2012) 227 (6): 2531-41. Tan T.W., et al.
- Fibroregulation of mesenchymal progenitor cells by BMP-4 after traumatic muscle injury. J Orthop Trauma. (2012) 26 (12): 693-8. Kluk M.W., et al.
- A role for bone morphogenetic protein-4 in lymph node vascular remodeling and primary tumor growth. Cancer Res. (2011) 71 (20): 6547-57. Farnsworth R.H., et al.
- Full Name: BMP-4 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Serum
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml