Human BMP-2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP2, BMP-2) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, tissue lysates and body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
Bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2, BMP 2A, BMP2) plays a crucial role in the development of cartilage and bone formation during embryogenesis. It is a signalling molecule that acts as an essential regulator of tissue differentiation and growth during embryonic development. Its vital for formation of cartilage and bone structures during fetal development. It provides the essential elements required for skeletal development and growth.
BMP-2 has an important function in promoting osteogenesis and currently there are clinical trials that are underway to evaluate the ability of certain BMPs to promote spinal fusion and fracture-healing. The following assay is ideal for analysing various applications, the standard used constitutes a dimer of two chains of 114 amino acids with a total molecular mass of 26KDa.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standard: Lyophilized. Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000.0 pg/ml.
- Microplate: Pre-coated with anti BMP-2 antibody.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotinylated Labelled Antobody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x Conc.).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of bone morphogenetic protein-2, (BMP2, BMP-2) using current BMP-2 ELISA kit was approximately 37.5 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000.0 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting BMP-2, displaying no cross reactivity or interference between other bone morphogenetic protein-2 analogues.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10% within the expiration date.
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 and bone therapy: successes and pitfalls. J Pharm Pharmacol. (2016) 68 (2): 139-47. Review. Poon B., et al.
- Role of PlGF in the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between the VEGF receptors Flt1 and Flk1. Nature Med. (2003) 9: 936-943. Autiero, M., et al.
- Complications with the use of bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) in spine surgery. Spine J. (2014) 14 (3): 552-9. Review. Tannoury C.A. and An H.S.
- Isolation of a human placenta cDNA coding for a protein related to the vascular permeability factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1991) 88: 9267-9271. Maglione, D., et al.
- Full Name: BMP-2 ELISA Kit (Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 37.5 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields