Human BMP-2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP2, BMP-2) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, tissue lysates and body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
Bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2, BMP 2A, BMP2) is a member of the transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) superfamily of proteins. Human BMP-2 is like the other bone morphogenetic proteins and is involved in the development of cartilage and bone formation during embryogenesis. It is also involved in epithelial to mesenchymal transition, cardiac cell differentiation, induces p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), medulloblastoma cell and retinoid-induced apoptosis.
The following assay is an ideal for analysing various diagnostic applications, the standard used constitutes a dimer of two chains of 114 amino acids with a total molecular mass of 26KDa. Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) have an important function in promoting osteogenesis and currently there are clinical trials that are underway to evaluate the ability of certain human BMP to promote spinal fusion and fracture-healing.
BMP-2 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standard: Lyophilized human BMP-2. Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000.0 pg/ml.
- Microplate: Pre-coated with anti-BMP-2 antibody.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotinylated Labelled Antobody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x Conc.).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of BMP-2 (bone morphogenetic protein-2, BMP2) using current human BMP-2 ELISA kit was approximately 37.5 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000.0 pg/ml.
– Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 (BMP-2): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting BMP-2, displaying no cross reactivity or interference between other bone morphogenetic protein-2 analogues.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10% within the expiration date.
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 and bone therapy: successes and pitfalls. J Pharm Pharmacol. (2016) 68 (2): 139-47. Review. Poon B., et al.
- Role of PlGF in the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between the VEGF receptors Flt1 and Flk1. Nature Med. (2003) 9: 936-943. Autiero, M., et al.
- Complications with the use of bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) in spine surgery. Spine J. (2014) 14 (3): 552-9. Review. Tannoury C.A. and An H.S.
- Isolation of a human placenta cDNA coding for a protein related to the vascular permeability factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1991) 88: 9267-9271. Maglione, D., et al.
- Full Name: BMP-2 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 37.5 pg/ml