Human AMH Gen II ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring anti-mullerian hormone (AMH, AMH Gen II) in human serum and lithium plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.08 ng/ml.
Anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) is a dimeric protein glycoprotein which has a molecular mass of 140 kDa. Structurally it is related to activing and inhibin and it is a member of the TGF-beta family. AMH is responsible for mullerian duct regression during embryonic development. In females small amounts are secreted by the granulosa cells of the ovarian follicles after birth until menopause, after this it is undetectable. In males it is secreted by sertoli cells in the testes until puberty and after this it decreases slowly to residual post puberty values.
Measuring anti-mullerian hormone level can been a helpful marker to assess ovarian egg reserve and therefore fertility. It can be measured any time throughout the menstrual cycle since it is known to be stable throughout the cycle. Furthermore, AMH levels are naturally found to be lower in older women (usually over the age of 40) and higher in women with that have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Women with higher AMH values will also have a better chance a good response to ovarian stimulation for IVF, since they have more eggs retrieved and generally the more eggs presents leads to a higher success rate with IVF. For accurate assessment, it is recommended to perform this assay alongside an antral follicle count – AFC (number of small follicles within both ovaries). In humans, the number of cells that are present in the follicular reserve is used to predict timing of menopause.
AMH GEN II ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with AMH antigen.
- Standard 0-5: Lyophilized. Concentrations 0-22.0 ng/ml. Made up from AMH antibody.
- Control Low And Control High. Contains human AMH antibody.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting an antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of anti-mullerian hormone (AMH, AMH Gen II) using current human AMH ELISA kit was approximately 0.08 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.14 – 22.0 ng/ml.
- The role of anti Müllerian hormone in female fertility and infertility – an overview. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. (2012) 91 (11): 1252-60. Review. Grynnerup A.G., et al.
- Assessing ovarian response: antral follicle count versus anti-Müllerian hormone. Reprod Biomed Online. (2015) 31 (4): 486-96. Review. Fleming R., et al.
- The role of anti Müllerian hormone in the pathogenesis and pathophysiological characteristics of polycystic ovary syndrome. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. (2016) 199: 82-7. Review. Qi X., et al.
- Anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) and its significance in women’s fertility. MLO Med Lab Obs. (2014) 46 (12): 22, 24. Faye S.
- Full Name: AMH Gen II ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (Lithium)
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml