Human activin A ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone activin A in human serum, cell culture supernatant, tissue lysates and body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
Activin A is member of the transforming growth factor-beta super family. It is predominately locally expressed by mesenchymal component in hemopoietic micro-environment. The expression can be regulated by a number of different cytokines at the mRNA level, in addition there are also several inhibitory molecules which are involved in tightly controlling the biological activity of this protein.
Activin A is a homodimeric glycoprotein which is synthesized by the decidua, placenta and fetal membranes. This plays a role in different biological processes such as; cell differentiation, proliferation and remodelling as well as morphogenesis. The main biological mechanism is its ability to bind and activate the type II receptor activin receptor-like kinase (ALK5) which, in turn, activates SMAD proteins.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standard: Lyophilized human activin A standards. Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000.0 pg/ml.
- Microplate: Pre-coated with anti-human activin A antibody.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotinylated Labelled Antobody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x Conc.).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of activin A using current activin A ELISA kit was approximately 37.5 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000.0 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting activing A, displaying no cross reactivity or interference between other analogues.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (91 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: The rate of loss is less than 10% within the expiration date, providing the kit is stored under appropriate conditions.
- Role of activin A and myostatin and their signaling pathway in human myometrial and leiomyoma cell function. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2014) 99 (5): E775-85. Islam M.S., et al.
- Apoptosis modulation by activin-A and follistatin in human endometrial stromal cells. Gynecol Endocrinol. (2016) 32 (2): 161-5. Coutinho L.M., et al.
- Human mammary gland and breast carcinoma contain immunoreactive inhibin/activin subunits: evidence for a secretion into cystic fluid. Eur J Endocrinol (1999) 141 (2): 190-4. Di, Loreto, C., et al.
- Full Name: Activin A ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Lysate, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 37.5 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields