Rat TNF alpha ELISA kit is designed for analysing quantitative amounts of rat tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a, TNF-alpha) using cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 10.0 pg/ml.
Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha, TNF-a, TNF alpha) is a potent lymphoid factor which is approx. 17.5kDa in size and is composed of 157 amino acids. TNF-alpha play a major role as a pro-inflammatory factor, it can also exert cytotoxic effects on many tumor cells and has been found to be present in the synovial fluids of rheumatoid arthritis patients. TNF-a biosynthesis is tightly regulated where it is produced in small amounts in quiescent cells, but secreted in large quantities in cells that are activated. The use of tumor necrosis factor alpha ELISA kit can be suitable for detecting and measuring many diagnostic applications.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a) using current rat TNF alpha ELISA kit is 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 56.0 – 3,600.0 pg/ml. It has the ability to detect both recombinant and native rat TNF-alpha.
- The effects of anti-TNF-α antibody on hyper-prolactinemia-related suppression of hCG-induced testosterone release in male rats. J Sex Med. (2012) 9 (4): 1005-14. Huang W.J., et al.
- Roles of TNF-α, GSK-3β and RANKL in the occurrence and development of diabetic osteoporosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. (2015) 8 (10): 11995-2004. Qi J., et al.
- Rat tumour necrosis factor-alpha: expression in recombinant Pichia pastoris, purification, characterization and development of a novel ELISA. Eur Cytokine Netw. (1999) 10 (3): 383-92. Rees G.S., et al.
- The role of TNFα in the periaqueductal gray during naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal in rats. Neuro-psychopharmacology. (2011) 36 (3): 664-76. Hao S., et al.
- Full Name: Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha ELISA Kit
- Gene Name: TNF Alpha ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Cell Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 10.0 pg/ml