- Created on the 12 June, 2017.
Nucleosomes are repeating units which are fundamental to eukaryotic chromatin and they are folded through a successive series of higher order structures in order to form the chromosome. This process causes the DNA to be compact and creates an added layer of regulatory control. The core particle of the nucleosome is approx. 146 base pairs of DNA that is wrapped around a histone octomer which contains 2 copies of H2A, H2B, H3 and H4 (known as core histones). They are also thought to carry epigenetically inherited information which is the result of covalent modifications of their core histones.
Human nucleosome ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG autoantibodies to nucleosomes in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human nucleosomes IgG autoantibodies using this human nucleosome ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Are anti-nucleosome antibodies a better diagnostic marker than anti-dsDNA antibodies for systemic lupus erythematosus? A systematic review and a study of metanalysis. Autoimmun Rev. (2012) 12 (2): 97-106. Review. Bizzaro N., et al.
- Nucleosome autoantibodies. Clin Chim Acta. (2006) 366 (1-2): 48-60. Review. Decker P.
- Anti-chromatin (anti-nucleosome) antibodies. Lupus. (2006) 15 (7): 408-11. Review. Gómez-Puerta J.A., et al.
- Review: antinucleosome antibodies: a critical reflection on their specificities and diagnostic impact. Arthritis Rheumatol. (2014) 66 (5): 1061-9. Rekvig O.P., et al.
- Full Name: Nucleosome Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml