Human GBM antibody ELISA kit can be used for in-vitro quantitative analysis of anti IgG auto-antibodies against glomerular basement membrane (GBM IgG, GBM Ab) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Glomerular basement membrane (GBM) is the basal lamina layer of glomerulus which can be found in the kidney. The GBM, glomerular capillary endothelial cells and filtration slits (between podocytes) all are vital in performing the function of filtrating the glomerulus, this is a vital process which is responsible for separating the blood present in the capillaries from the filtrate (formed in the Bowman’s capsule). The glomerular basement membrane is made up of three layers: the lamina rara externa which is adjacent to podocyte processes, lamina densa which is the dark central zone and the lamina rara interna which is adjacent to endothelial cells. It is also made up of mesangial cells and modified pericytes which can separate capillaries from each other in other parts of the body. The podocytes which are responsible for adjoining them contain filtration slits with a diameter 25nm (formed by pseudopodia). The following GBM antibody ELISA kit has now been developed which consist of the corresponding pure antigen that are able to display specificity and sensitivity up to 99%. The pathological condition which have been associated with GBM include: Goodpasture’s syndrome (which can also be called anti-glomerular basement membrane disease), Nephrotic syndrome, diabetic glomerulosclerosis and Alport syndrome.
GBM AB ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified anti glomerular basement membrane is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-E: Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up from human GBM antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing human GBM Ab in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer P (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibody to human glomerular basement membrane (GBM-IgG, GBM Ab) using current human GBM antibody ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 20.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Ultrastructure of developing kidney glomerular basement membranes: temporal changes in binding of anti-laminin IgG and cationized ferritin. Microsc Res Tech. (1994) 28 (2): 81-94. Review. Abrahamson D.R. and St John P.L.
- Organogenesis of the kidney glomerulus: focus on the glomerular basement membrane. Organogenesis. (2011) 7 (2): 75-82. Review. Miner J.H.
- Goodpasture’s syndrome: a clinical update. Autoimmun Rev. (2015) 14 (3): 246-53. Review. Greco A., et al.
- Concurrent anti-glomerular basement membrane disease and membranous glomerulonephritis: a case report and literature review. Clin Nephrol. (2006) 66 (2): 120-7. Review. Troxell M.L., et al.
- Diabetic nephropathy with interstitial nephritis presenting with a false-positive anti-GBM antibody. Clin Nephrol. (2002) 57 (5): 381-5. DeAangelo A.J., et al.
- Full Name: GBM Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml