- Created on the 12 June, 2017.
Human GBM ELISA kit can be used for in-vitro quantitative analysis of anti IgG auto-antibodies against glomerular basement membrane (GBM IgG) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Glomerular basement membrane (GBM) is the basal lamina layer of glomerulus which can be found in the kidney. The GBM, glomerular capillary endothelial cells and filtration slits (between podocytes) all are vital in performing the function of filtrating of the glomerulus, this separates the blood present in the capillaries from the filtrate (formed in the Bowman’s capsule). The GBM is essentially a fusion of the podocyte basal laminas and the endothelial cell. The GBM is made up of three layers: the lamina rara externa which is adjacent to podocyte processes, lamina densa which is the dark central zone and the lamina rara interna which is adjacent to endothelial cells. The glomerular membrane is made up of mesangial cells and modified pericytes which can separate capillaries from each other in other parts of the body. The podocytes which are responsible for adjoining them contain filtration slits with a diameter 25nm (formed by pseudopodia). The pathological condition which have been associated with GBM include: Goodpasture’s syndrome (which can also be called anti-glomerular basement membrane disease), Nephrotic syndrome, diabetic glomerulosclerosis and Alport syndrome. The following GBM ELISA kit have now been developed which consist of the corresponding pure antigen that are able to display specificity and sensitivity up to 99%.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibody to human glomerular basement membrane (GBM-IgG) using current human GBM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 20.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Ultrastructure of developing kidney glomerular basement membranes: temporal changes in binding of anti-laminin IgG and cationized ferritin. Microsc Res Tech. (1994) 28 (2): 81-94. Review. Abrahamson D.R. and St John P.L.
- Organogenesis of the kidney glomerulus: focus on the glomerular basement membrane. Organogenesis. (2011) 7 (2): 75-82. Review. Miner J.H.
- Goodpasture’s syndrome: a clinical update. Autoimmun Rev. (2015) 14 (3): 246-53. Review. Greco A., et al.
- Concurrent anti-glomerular basement membrane disease and membranous glomerulonephritis: a case report and literature review. Clin Nephrol. (2006) 66 (2): 120-7. Review. Troxell M.L., et al.
- Diabetic nephropathy with interstitial nephritis presenting with a false-positive anti-GBM antibody. Clin Nephrol. (2002) 57 (5): 381-5. DeAangelo A.J., et al.
- Full Name: GBM Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml