Human gliadin IgA ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of IgA against gliadin (gliadin IgA) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.05 U/ml.
Anti gliadin antibodies (AGA) are a prolamin that are produced in response to gliadin which are mainly found in wheat. It can be encoded by 3 different alleles AA, BB and DD, these are able to form gliadins that can slightly different – causing the body producing different antibodies. Gliadin is the main the component of gluten and this is very useful in the diagnosis of celiac disease (a gluten-induced enteropathy). There are 3 subtypes: anti-gliadin IgA (found in approx. 80% of coeliac disease patients), anti-gliadin IgG (associated with non-celiac gluten sensitivity and coeliac disease) and anti-gliadin IgE (found in allergy related condition for example asthma, exercise-induced anaphylaxis and urticaria). Furthermore, serological techniques for measuring IgA and IgG antibodies against gliadin, endomysium and reticulin are becoming widely used for screening purposes.
GLIADIN IGA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: 12 strips with 8 breakable wells each, coated with a gliadin antigen (purified gluten antigen from wheat).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control): No IgA antibodies against gliadin.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard): Low concentration of IgA antibodies against gliadin.
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control): Medium concentration of IgA antibodies against gliadin.
- Calibrator D (Positive Control): High concentration of IgA antibodies against gliadin.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Containing anti-human-IgA-HRP (rabbit), in protein-containing buffer solution.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution: 1 N acidic solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of anti-gliadin IgA (gliadin IgA) using current gliadin IgA ELISA kit was 1.05 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Gliadin IgA: ELISA
– Intra Assay Precision: 9.6%
– Inter Assay Precision: 10.1%
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 4.7 – 10.1 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.05 U/mL
– Recovery: 70 – 119 %
– Linearity: 73 – 126 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to TG, TPO, dsDNA and Transglutaminase.
– Interferences: None
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Overview of biomarkers for diagnosis and monitoring of celiac disease. Adv Clin Chem. (2015) 68:1-55. Review. Brusca I.
- Gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Pediatr Clin North Am. (1996) 43 (2): 355-73. Review. Troncone R., et al.
- Role of IgA receptors in the pathogenesis of IgA nephropathy. J Nephrol. (2016) 29 (1): 5-11. Review. Lechner S.M., et al.
- Prospective screening for coeliac disease in patients with Graves’ hyperthyroidism using anti-gliadin and tissue transglutaminase antibodies. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). (2005) 62 (3): 303-6. Review. Ch’ng C.L., et al.
- Diagnostic criteria for coeliac disease: time for change? Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. (2005) 17 (1): 41-3. Review. Murdock A.M. and Johnston S.D.
- Full Name: Gliadin IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.05 U/ml