Human total P53 ELISA kit is intended for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of tumor protein 53 (total P53) in human tissue homogenates, serum, biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 46.875 pg/ml.
P53 which can also be called; tumor protein 53, cellular tumor antigen p53, phosphoprotein p53, transforming related protein p53 and tumor suppressor p53, in humans has several domains, is 393 amino acids long and runs as a 53 kDa protein on SDS-PAGE. It is essentially a tumor suppressor protein which in human is encoded by the TP53 gene and can be found mapped to chromosome 17. It can be activated in response to myriad stressors, such as oxidative stress, DNA damaging agents (UV, IR and many other chemical agents), osmotic shock, deregulated oncogene expression and ribonucleotide depletion.
The P53 gene is frequently identified as a mutated gene (greater than 50%) in human cancers and this has led to associating the gene to playing a crucial role in preventing cancer formation. It plays vital roles in apoptosis, inhibiting angiogenesis, genomic stability and a number of mechanisms that are involved in anti-cancer functions.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-p53 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 78.125, 156.25, 312.5, 625, 1250, 2500, 5000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of tumor protein 53 (TP53, total P53) using this total p53 ELISA kit was 46.875 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 78.125 – 5,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for TP53, no cross reactivity or interference between TP53 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 97%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- p53: an overview of over two decades of study. Malays J Pathol. (2001) 23 (1): 9-16. Review. Cheah P.L. and Looi L.M.
- The stress protein TP53INP1 plays a tumor suppressive role by regulating metabolic homeostasis. Biochimie. (2015) 118: 44-50. Review. Saadi H., et al.
- Transcriptional regulation by mutant p53 and oncogenesis. Subcell Biochem. (2014) 85: 91-103. Review. Santoro R., et al.
- A quantitative overview of radiosensitivity of human tumor cells across histological type and TP53 status. Int J Radiat Biol. (2008) 84 (4): 253-64. Review. Williams J.R., et al.
- Full Name: Total P53 ELISA Kit (Tumor Protein 53)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Serum
- Sensitivity: 46.875 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields