Human triiodothyronine ELISA kit can be used to reliably detect levels of human T3 (triiodothyronine) present in serum or plasma samples. The detection sensitivity of assay is 0.1 ng/ml.
Thyroid hormones play essential roles in the proper development and differentiation of many cells within the human body. triiodothyronine (T3) is a tyrosine-based hormone that is produced by the thyroid gland and is a useful marker for hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism diagnosis. One of the major carrier of circulating thyroid hormones is thyroxine-binding globulin (TGB).
This human T3 ELISA kit has been specifically designed for analysing concentrations of total triiodothyronine (T3) and thereby acting as an ideal marker for various disease conditions. There are a number of pathological and physiological stimuli that can influence thyroid hormone synthesis and any deficiencies or excess of thyroxine can cause many disorders. The level of T3 is found to be normal in individuals with euthyroid, whereas in hyperthyroid patients it is increased and in hypothyroid patients it is decreased.
TRIIODOTHYRONINE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells, 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with anti T3 antibody.
- Assay Reagent.
- Control Low and Control High. Containing triiodothyronine.
- Standard 0-5: Concentrations: 0-10.0 ng/ml. Made up from anti-human T3.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of human T3 antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- Stop Solution: 0.5 M H2SO4.
- Wash Solution 40x (Concentrated).
The minimum detectable sensitivity limit of triiodothyronine (T3) using current human T3 ELISA kit was < 0.1 ng/ml. The standard range was calculated to be between 0.5 – 10.0 ng/ml.
- Clinical usefulness of ELISA technique in the assessment of thyroid function. West Afr J Med (1990) 9(4):258-63. Agharanya JC.
- Thyroid function in very low birth weight infants: effects on neonatal hypothyroidism screening. J Pediatr (1996)128(4):548-54. Frank JE, Faix JE, Hermos RJ, Mullaney DM, Rojan DA, Mitchell ML, Klein RZ.
- Thyroid functions in patients with various chronic liver diseases. Endocrinol Jpn (1988)35(3):357-69. Shimada T, Higashi K, Umeda T, Sato T.
- Total serum levels of triiodothyronine (T3) thyroxine (T4) and thyrotropine (TSH) in school going children of Dibrugarh district: an endemic goiter region of Assam. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol (1997) 41(2):167-70. Thakur C, Saikia TC, Yadav RN.
- Description: Triiodothyronine ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.1 ng/ml