Full Name: Toxoplasma IgM ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.31 U/ml
Toxoplasma gondii is an oligate intracellular, parasitic alveolate which can lead to toxoplasmosis. The initial infection can lead to stimulating IL-2 and IFN-γ through the innate immune system. It is essential for IFN-γ to be continuously formed since this is responsible for controlling the chronic and the acute infections by T. gondii.
There are some recent publication indicating it be associated to some neurological disorders for example schizophrenia and a number of bipolar disorders, it has also be suggested that subtle or personality behavioural changes are possible in infected humans.
Human toxoplasma IgM ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro amounts of human IgM antibodies against toxoplasma gondii (toxoplasma-IgM) using plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.31 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Toxoplasma Antigen Coated Microtiter Strips (IgM).
- Calibrator A-D: Standards with 1, 10, 30 and 120 IU/mL.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
- Plastic Bag.
- Plastic Foils.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM antibodies to toxoplasma gondii (toxoplasma-IgM) using current toxoplasma-IgM ELISA kit was 1.31 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 120.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 4.3 –6.2 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 2.7 – 18.1 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 0.2 – 23.7 %
– Recovery: 107 – 112 %
– Linearity: 76 – 123 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to, rubella, helicobacter, herpes 1, cytomegaly (CMV), borrelia, brucella and bordetella and. Interferences of samples of donors suffering from an acute EBV infection cannot totally be excluded.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL and hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Performance characteristics of a commercial antibody-capture enzyme immunoassay for detection of Toxoplasma-specific IgM antibodies. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (1992) 15 (7): 587-93. Gretch D.R., et al.
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Congenital Toxoplasmosis. J Clin Microbiol. (2016) 54 (10):2448-54. Review. Pomares C. and Montoya J.G.
- Comparison of relative uses of commercial assays for Toxoplasma gondii IgM antibodies. J Clin Pathol. (1992) 45 (6): 483-6. Ashburn D., et al.
- Method for differentiation of nonspecific from specific toxoplasma IgM fluorescent antibodies in patients with rheumatoid factor. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. (1975) 148 (4): 1184-8. Hyde B., et al.
- Comparison of six commercial enzyme linked immunosorbent assays for detecting IgM antibodies against Toxoplasma gondii. J Clin Pathol. (1989) 42 (12): 1285-90. Verhofstede C., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields