Full Name: Toxoplasma IgG ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 0.75 IU/ml
Toxoplasma gondii is responsible for causing toxoplasmosis and is an oligate intracellular, parasitic alveolate. The lifecycle of T. gondii can be essentially divided into two components: a sexual component (only found in cats) and an asexual component (found in all warm-blooded animals which includes humans, birds and cat).
T. gondii infection initially can lead to the stimulation of IFN-γ and IL-2 via the innate immune system. It is also vital to have continuous production of IFN-γ in order to control both the acute and chronic infection by T. gondii. There are some evidence to indicate that personality or subtle behavioural changes can occur in infected humans and this infection has also recently been linked with a number of neurological disorders (such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia).
Human toxoplasma IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro concentrations of human IgG antibodies against toxoplasma gondii (toxoplasma-IgG) in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.75 IU/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Toxoplasma Antigen Coated Microtiter Strips (IgG).
- Calibrator A-E: Standards with 0, 10, 40, 100 and 250 IU/mL.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Washing Buffer (10x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
- Plastic Foils.
- Plastic Bag.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG antibodies to toxoplasma gondii (toxoplasma-IgG) using current toxoplasma-IgG ELISA kit was 0.75 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0 – 250 IU/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 8.4 –11.4 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 4.9 – 15.2 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 1.4 – 24.0 %
– Recovery: 98 – 104 %
– Linearity: 79 – 107 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to herpes 1, rubella, cytomegaly (CMV), bordetella, borrelia, brucella and helicobacter.
– Interferences: No interferences to triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL, bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL and hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Comparison of four commercially available avidity tests for Toxoplasma gondii-specific IgG antibodies. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2013) 20 (2): 197-204. Villard O., et al.
- Analytical validation of anti-toxoplasma IgG immunoassays. Braz J Infect Dis. (2012) 16 (6): 574-6. Souza G.F., et al.
- Toxoplasma gondii seropositivity is negatively associated with multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. (2015) 285: 119-24. Stascheit F., et al.
- A novel chemiluminescent immunoassay for detection of Toxoplasma gondii IgG in human sera. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (2016) 85 (4): 422-5. Holec-Gąsior L., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields