Full Name: STAT3 ELISA Kit (Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
STAT3, which is also known as signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 is a transcription factor that plays a role in how our cells respond to cytokines and growth factors. It has functions in processes like cell growth, apoptosis, and immune responses. When STAT3 gets activated inappropriately it can lead to inflammation and the development of tumors.
In humans the STAT3 gene creates two forms called isoforms. STAT3α and STAT3β. Through mRNA splicing. The activation of STAT3 happens when a specific tyrosine residue gets phosphorylated in response to cytokines like IL 6 and growth factors that use receptor and non-receptor tyrosine kinases for signaling. Once phosphorylated, STAT3 forms dimers and moves into the nucleus where it binds to DNA molecules, controlling gene expression. By doing it influences genes related to cell survival and proliferation. In cancers we observe persistent activation of STAT3 which promotes the progression of tumors.
The signaling pathway involving STAT3 regulates processes such as embryonic development, wound healing, and immune responses. For example, when it comes to immunity STAT3 has a role. It can stimulate the expression of genes involved in inflammation while also controlling responses. However sometimes this balance is disrupted leading to inflammation seen in diseases, like bowel disease (IBD) rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and atherosclerosis. Furthermore, hyperactivation of STAT3 is also observed in conditions including obesity diabetes well as neurodegenerative diseases.
Human STAT3 ELISA kit can measure concentrations of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3, HIES, DNA-binding protein APRF, acute-phase response factor, APRFMGC16063) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-STAT3 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this STAT3 ELISA kit, it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Range: 0.313 – 20 ng/ml
Principle: Sandwich, Double Antibody
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for STAT3, no cross reactivity or interference between STAT3 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 97%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 96%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 signaling in tumor immune evasion. Pharmacol Ther. (2022) 230: 107969. Zhang L., et al.
- STAT3 signaling in immunity. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2016) 31: 1-15. Hillmer E.J., et al.
- Role of STAT3 signaling pathway in breast cancer. Cell Commun Signal. (2020) 18 (1): 33. Ma J.H., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields