Full Name: SARS-CoV-2 S1 IgA ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
SARS-CoV-2 was responsible for causing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. The spike protein is found to play vital functions during the process of pathogenesis and viral infection. There are two sub-proteins that are essential to its functioning, the S1 which can bind and recognise host receptors and the S2 that is responsible for facilitating the host cell membrane and viral envelope fusion process. It is the S2 that comes into prominence when we are considering the whole virus. The spike protein has shown to be able to induce death and paralysis within the host cell through a non-canonical mechanism, which does not involve receptor binding. The process of fusion is facilitated by cleavage of several membrane proteins including SNAREs and clathrin. This leads to cell death in a process known as apoptosis.
It has been found that SARS-CoV-2 spike protein can also disrupt normal mitochondrial function, which is caused by its own release from infected cells into surrounding cells .The release of spike protein from infected cells is a possible process in the abnormal respiratory tissue destruction and organ dysfunction in the case of SARS-CoV-2. Symptoms from this virus include; loss of smell and taste, dizziness, vomiting, seizures, headaches, pneumonia, nausea, nerve pain, acute respiratory distress and stroke. The primary treatment for SARS-CoV-2 is to maintain ventilation and oxygenation.
Human SARS-CoV-2 S1 IgA ELISA kit is intended for determining levels human anti-SARS-CoV-2 spike protein S1 (S1)(IgA antibodies) present in samples of plasma or serum.
Each kit contains the following components and is sufficient for 96 tests.
- One Aluminium Pouch: Containing microwell plate bound with SARS-CoV-2 S1 protein.
- 10x Standard.
- 100x Detection Antibody Solution: HRP coated anti IgA monoclonal antibody.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
COVID-19 Patients: 1.085, 0.203, 6.207, 1.557, 1.453, 0.509, 1.011, 0.254, 3.111, 0.496, 4.913, 4.902, 0.153, 1.856, 2.834 (OD450).
Healthy Subjects: 0.246, 0.234, 0.239, 0.239, 0.26, 0.311, 0.209, 0.287, 0.322, 0.293, 0.129, 0.147, 0.145, 0.18, 0.225, 0.204 (OD450).
It is advised that each laboratory establishes its own normal and pathological refence range for detection of anti-S1 IgA antibodies.
– Sensitivity: > 96%,
– Specificity: > 95%.
– Inter Assay Precision: CV = Less than 10%
– Intra Assay Precision: CV = Less than 8%.
- Closing the serological gap in the diagnostic testing for COVID-19: The value of anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgA antibodies. J Med Virol. (2021) 93 (3): 1436-1442. Infantino M., et al.
- Enhanced SARS-CoV-2 neutralization by dimeric IgA. Sci Transl Med. (2021) 13 (577): eabf1555. Wang Z., et al.
- Anti-SARS-Cov-2 IgA Response in Tears of COVID-19 Patients. Biology (Basel). (2020) 9 (11): 374. Caselli E., et al.
- Performance of six SARS-CoV-2 immunoassays in comparison with microneutralisation. J Clin Virol. (2020) 129: 104512. Jääskeläinen A.J., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields