Human renin (active) ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring direct active renin or renin (active) present in human serum and plasma (heparin and EDTA). This assay has a sensitivity detection limit of 0.81 pg/ml.
Renin is a polypeptide enzyme with has a molecular weight of 37kDa, it is also known as angiotensinogenase and belongs to the aspartic acid protease family. Renin is a member of Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System (RAAS) that is responsible for regulating and controlling blood pressure, sodium/potassium homeostasis, renal blood flux and glomerular filtration. Essentially a protease that is secreted by juxtaglomerular cells of the kidneys when the body is low in NaCl content and blood volume.
Plasmatic concentration of active renin are found to be influenced by the concentration of circulating angiotensinogen and angiotensin II, where renin secretion can be reduced if there are high plasmatic levels of angiotensin II present. This property makes the measurement of active renin plasma concentrations useful for the diagnosis of hypertension and for checking hypertensive patients following therapeutic treatments. It is a good index for measuring RAAS activity and in case of any dysfunction, the following active renin ELISA kit will allow clinical implications for diagnosis, treatment and any subsequent follow-up. The measurement of plasma active renin is a good index for the activity of the RAAS. In case of dysfunction of the RAAS, the renin assay will allow clinical implications for diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. Human active renin should be used to measure:
– Differential diagnosis of hyperaldosteronism.
– Diagnosis of hypertension.
– Differential diagnosis of hypokalemia.
– Detection of active renin producing tumors in the kidney.
– Diagnosis of isolated deficit in mineral corticoids.
– Diagnosis of insufficient response to antihypertensive treatment.
– Monitoring of glucocorticoid therapy.
RENIN (ACTIVE) ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells: Break apart strips, coated with anti human renin antigen.
- Standards 0-5: Lyophilized human renin, concentration 0, 4, 16, 32, 64, 128 pg/ml. The standards are calibrated against WHO 1st International Standard for Renin 68/356.
- Control Low and Control High: Containing lyophilized human renin.
- Assay Buffer.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti human renin antibody conjugated to HRP.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains acid, avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of direct active renin using current human renin (active) ELISA kit was approximately 0.81 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 4.0 – 128.0 pg/ml.
– Renin (Active): ELISA
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.80 – 128 pg/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Prorenin (0.71%), No cross reaction against serum albumin, human hepcidin, human gamma globulin, pepsin.
– Sensitivity: LoB (2.50 pg/ml), LoD (4.31 pg/ml), LoQ (6.02 pg/ml)
– Intra-Assay Variation: 1.5 – 4.8%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 2.1 – 6.9%
– Inter-Lot Variation: 1.2 – 5.5%
– Recovery: 86.8 – 111.9%
– Linearity: 95.6 – 114.6%
– Interfering Substances: None
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: No hook effected up to 8,200 pg/mL of renin.
- Proteolytic processing of human prorenin in renal and nonrenal tissues. Kidney Int. (1994) 46, 1522–1524. Reudelhuber T.L., et al.
- Angiotensin AT2 receptors: control of renal sodium excretion and blood pressure. Trends Endocrinol Metab. (2008) 19, 84-7. Carey R.M. and Padia S.H.
- Specimen processing and renin activity in plasma. Clin. Chem. (1992) 38, 598. Nicar M.J.
- Pivotal role of the renin/prorenin receptor in angiotensin II production and cellular responses to renin. J Clin Invest. (2002) 109, 1417–1427. Nguyen G., et al.
- Full Name: Renin (Active) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma (EDTA, Heparin), Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.81 pg/ml