Normetanephrine urine ELISA kit is intended for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of normetanephrine (NMN) in human urine samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 23 ng/ml.
Normetanephrine (NM) is a catecholamine metabolite of norepinephrine, it is formed by catechol-O-methyl transferase acting on norepinephrine. Cells that are found to be derived from neuroendocrine tumors (for example pheochromcytoma) can produce catecholamines that are secreted episodically using vesicles into the blood stream. However, there are a small portion of the catecholamines which can be metabolised inside the cells into their corresponding catecholamines metabolites and these are namely metanephrine, normetanephrine and 3-methoxytyramine.
In clinical medicine, these catecholamines have been useful in providing diagnostic tools for identifying patients that are suspected of having a tumor of chromaffin cells such as pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. These metabolites can be measured in plasma or urine samples. Current literature is indicating that the analysis of normetanephrine-urine is an accurate biochemical marker for identifying patients suspected of pheochromocytoma.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Reaction Tubes.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (50x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Goat anti-rabbit immunoglobulins conjugated with peroxidase.
- Substrate: Chromogenic substrate containing tetramethylbenzidine.
- Stop Solution.
- Normetanephrine Microtiter Strips: Antigen pre-coated microwell plate.
- Normetanephrine Antiserum.
- Standards (A-F): Concentrations 0, 30, 90, 300, 900, 3,000 ng/ml (= µg/l).
- Controls 1+2.
- Acylation Diluent.
- Acylation Concentrate.
- Acylation Buffer.
- Hydrochloric Acid.
The minimum sensitivity level of normetanephrine (NMN) using current normetanephrine urine ELISA kit was approximately 23 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 30 – 3,000 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 14.7 ng/ml (LOD), 10.4 ng/ml (LOB) and 16.2 pg/ml (LOQ).
– Analytical Sensitivity (Cross Reactivity): Derivatized Normetanephrine (100%), Noradrenaline (0.64%), 3-Methoxytyramin (0.19%), Derivatized Metanephrine (0.11%).
– Precision Intra Assay: 9 – 13%
– Precision Inter Assay: 11 – 20%
– Recovery: 93 – 111%
- Evaluation of a urinary metanephrines reagent kit: an automated approach. Singapore Med J. (2008) 49 (6): 454-7. Thevarajah M.T., et al.
- Catecholamine metabolites in urine, as chronic stress biomarkers, are associated with higher risk of chronic periodontitis in adults. J Periodontol. (2014) 85 (12): 1755-62. Mesa F., et al.
- Intraabdominal pulmonary sequestration presenting with elevated urinary normetanephrine levels. J Pediatr Surg. (2009) 44 (3): e11-4. Alaish S.M., et al.
- Laboratory evaluation of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Clin Chem. (2014) 60 (12): 1486-99. Review. Eisenhofer G. and Peitzsch M.
- Full Name: Normetanephrine Urine ELISA Kit (NMN)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Urine
- Sensitivity: 23 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Nephrines Urine (Metanephrine + Normetanephrine) ELISA Kit
- Metanephrine Urine ELISA Kit
- 3-CAT (Adrenaline/Noradrenaline/Dopamine) ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields