Human M-CSF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF, MCSF) in human tissue homogenates, plasma, biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Macrophage colony stimulating factor (MCSF, M-CSF) which is also known as colony stimulating factor 1 (CSF1) is a hematopoietic growth factor that is important for the proliferation, differentiation, and survival of macrophages, bone marrow progenitor cells and monocytes. Human M-CSF are able to affect monocytes or macrophages in many ways including increasing the cytotoxicity of tumour cell and increasing the stimulation of chemotactic or phagocytic activity. Also, through the interaction with its membrane receptor it can modulate the proliferation of earlier hematopoietic progenitors, resulting in influencing a number of physiological processes that are involved in metabolism, fertility, pregnancy and immunology.
There is evidence that eukaryotic cells are able to produce M-CSF in order to combat any intercellular viral infection. It is also known to play a crucial role in renal pathology that includes chronic renal failure and acute kidney injury.
M-CSF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti M-CSF antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human MCSF.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Macrophage Colony-Stimulating FactorAntibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of macrophage colony-stimulating factor (MCSF) using this M-CSF ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
– Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (M-CSF): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for M-CSF, no cross reactivity or interference between MCSF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (93 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Coating M-CSF on plastic surface results in the generation of increased numbers of macrophages in vitro. J Immunol Methods. (2020) 481-482: 112788. Sadh S et al.
- Culture of Macrophage Colony-stimulating Factor Differentiated Human Monocyte-derived Macrophages. J Vis Exp. (2016) 30 (112): 54244. Jin X and Kruth HS.
- Biological activities and clinical application of M-CSF. Int J Hematol. (1998) 67 (2): 109-22. Review. Motoyoshi K.
- Pressure regulates osteoclast formation and MCSF expression in marrow culture. J Cell Physiol. (1997) 170 (1): 81-7. Rubin J et al.
- Full Name: M-CSF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml