Human M-CSF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF, MCSF) in human tissue homogenates, plasma, biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Macrophage colony stimulating factor (MCSF, M-CSF) is a hematopoietic growth factor. It is important for the proliferation, differentiation, survival of macrophages, bone marrow progenitor cells and monocytes. It affects monocytes or macrophages by both increasing the cytotoxicity of tumour cell and increasing the stimulation of chemotactic/ phagocytic activity.
There is evidence that eukaryotic cells produce M-CSF in order to combat any intercellular viral infection. It is also known to play a crucial role in renal pathology that includes chronic renal failure and acute kidney injury. Also, through the interaction with its M-CSF-receptor it can modulate the proliferation of earlier hematopoietic progenitors, resulting in influencing a number of physiological processes that are involved in metabolism, fertility, pregnancy and immunology.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti M-CSF antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled MCSF Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of macrophage colony-stimulating factor (MCSF) using this M-CSF ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for M-CSF, no cross reactivity or interference between MCSF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (93 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Coating M-CSF on plastic surface results in the generation of increased numbers of macrophages in vitro. J Immunol Methods. (2020) 481-482: 112788. Sadh S et al.
- Culture of Macrophage Colony-stimulating Factor Differentiated Human Monocyte-derived Macrophages. J Vis Exp. (2016) 30 (112): 54244. Jin X and Kruth HS.
- Pressure regulates osteoclast formation and MCSF expression in marrow culture. J Cell Physiol. (1997) 170 (1): 81-7. Rubin J et al.
- Full Name: M-CSF ELISA Kit (Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields