Human HSV-1 IgM ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgM antibodies against herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgM) in plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.06 U/ml.
Infections with are due to herpes simplex virus are commonly referred to as herpes and these can be caused by either HSV-1 or HSV-2. HSV-1 is a highly contagious infection, which is acquired during childhood and the infection can be lifelong. The vast majority of HSV-1 infections are found to be oral herpes (also known as orolabial, oral-facial and oral-labial herpes), a proportion of HSV-1 infections are also genital herpes (infections in the genital and anal area). Infected persons will usually experience a burning, tingling or itching sensation around their mouth, which in majority of cases is before the appearance of sores. One of the “gold standard” for diagnosing HSV infections is through the isolation of the virus in tissue culture, following by either western blotting or indirect immunofluorescence.
HSV-1 IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Herpes simplex virus-1 antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgM) using current human HSV-1 IgM ELISA kit was 1.06 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Herpes 1 ELISA: IgM
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 8.6 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 9.4 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 5.6 – 11.0 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.06 U/mL
– Recovery: 90 – 97 %
– Linearity: 68 – 121 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Mumps, Measles or Varicella.
– Interferences: No interferences to triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL, bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL or hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Analysis of the IgM and IgG antibody response against herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) structural and nonstructural proteins. J Med Virol. (1987) 23 (2): 135-50. Kühn J.E., et al.
- Evaluation of commercial herpes simplex virus-IgG and IgM enzyme immunoassays. J Virol Methods. (2014) 199: 29-34. Liermann K., et al.
- Comparison of several ELISA tests for detecting the presence of IgG and IgM against herpes simplex viruses. Microbios. (2000) 103 (405): 127-32. Gutiérrez J., et al.
- Reactivated herpes simplex infection increases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimers Dement. (2015) 11 (6): 593-9. Lövheim H., et al.
- Full Name: Herpes Simplex Virus 1 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.06 U/ml