Fumonisin ELISA kit is intended for detecting rapid quantitative amounts of fumonisin present in beer/gyle or cereals. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.015 ppm.
Fumonisin belong to a group of mycotoxins which are derived from Fusarium, Liseola section (a common grain mold). There are usually more specifically referred to as Fumonisin B1, B2 or B3. These toxins are extreme stability to high temperatures (reaching up to 100°C), and they can also remain active within contaminated food for many years.
Fumonisin can be found in many different types of grains including oats and maize. In human patients there is evidence to indicate the appearance of esophagus cancer which has been linked to exposition to fumonisin B1 and when ingested by animals, fumonisin can result in hepatotoxicity, lung edema and neurotoxicity (mainly identified in pigs and horses).
FUMONISIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with antibody-binding protein.
- Fumonisin B1 Standards 1-6: Concentration 0-5 ppm.
- Conjugate (Fumonisin-Peroxidase).
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Solution (PBS + Tween 20)(10x Concentrate).
- Instruction Manual.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of fumonisin using current fumonisin ELISA kit was 0.015 ppm. The standard range for this assay is 0.05 – 5.0 ppm.
– Fumonisin: ELISA
– Sensitivity: Limit of detection, LOD (0.015ppm), Limit of quantification, LOQ (0.05ppm)
– Recovery: Corn flour (105%), Beer (105%), Rice flour (94%), Wheat flour (92%), Oats flour (89%).
– Linearity: 86 – 100%
– Intra-Assay Precision: 3 – 4%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 6 – 8%
– Cross Reactivity: Relative to fumonisin B1 (= 100 %): Fumonisin B2 (62%).
- Application of mimotope peptides of fumonisin b1 in Peptide ELISA. J Agric Food Chem. (2013) 61 (20): 4765-70. Liu X., et al.
- Development of a single-chain variable fragment antibody-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for determination of fumonisin B₁ in corn samples. J Sci Food Agric. (2014) 94 (9): 1865-71. Zou L., et al.
- Correlation of deoxynivalenol and fumonisin concentration determined in maize by ELISA methods. J Immunoassay Immunochem. (2012) 33 (4): 414-21. Pleadin J., et al.
- Development of an electrochemical immunosensor for fumonisins detection in foods. Toxins (Basel). (2010) 2 (4): 382-98. Kadir M.K. and Tothill I.E.
- Stability of fumonisins in thermally processed corn products. J Food Prot. (1998) 61 (8): 1030-3. Castelo M.M., et al.
- Full Name: Fumonisin ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Cereal, Beer/Gyle
- Sensitivity: 0.015 ppm