Human free progesterone saliva ELISA kit is an accurate in vitro quantitative procedure for detecting unconjugated free progesterone (pregn-4-ene-3 and 20-dione) in human saliva samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 5.0 pg/ml.
Progesterone is also known as 20-dione and pregn-4-ene-3, is a female sex hormone which is a C21 steroid that contains a keto-group at position C3 and has a double bond at C4 and C5. It is synthesised in the; corpus luteum of the ovaries, during pregnancy in the placenta and in very small amounts in the adrenal cortex or the testes.
Progesterone is secreted into the circulation in a pulsating way and the levels present in circulation are reflected in its concentrations in saliva. Also, in order to perform a convenient hormone profile it is recommended to carry out many repeated samples due to the pulsating way it is secreted into the circulation. This requirement makes saliva sampling an ideal method to carry out this analysis.
The following assay is an essential tool which is frequently used to detect levels of active free progesterone. During circulation majority is found to be bound to the corticoid binding globulin (CBG or transcortin), sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and to albumin. Only a small amount between 1-2% is circulating as free. The free hormone is the only one that is representing the active form during endocrine regulation.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with rabbit polyclonal anti-progesterone antibody.
- Calibrator 0.
- Calibrators 1-6: Concentrations 10, 30, 100, 300, 1000, 5000 pg/ml.
- Control Low And Control High.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (10x).
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human free progesterone using current progesterone saliva ELISA kit was approximately 5.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 5,000.0 pg/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 5.0 pg/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Highly specific for prgesterone.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0 – 5000 pg/ml.
– Intra-Assay Variation: 5.96 – 9.63%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 8.6 – 10.1%
– Recovery: 78.6 – 105.5%
– Linearity: 82.1 – 114.2%
– Drug Interference: None
- Salivary progesterone excellently reflects free and total progesterone in plasma during pregnancy. Clin Chem. (1989) 35 (1): 168-72. Meulenberg P.M. and Hofman J.A.
- Stimulated and unstimulated saliva progesterone in menopausal women with oral dryness feeling. Clin Oral Investig. (2011) 15 (6): 859-62. Mirzaii-Dizgah I. and Agha-Hosseini F.
- A direct radioimmunoassay for free-progesterone in saliva. J Med Assoc Thai. (1994) 77 (3): 138-47. Vienravi V., et al.
- Determination of free progesterone in an ultrafiltrate of saliva collected in situ. Clin Chem. (1990) 36 (8 Pt 1): 1488-93. Schramm W., et al.
- Full Name: Free Progesterone Saliva ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Saliva
- Sensitivity: 5.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields