Human EBV VCA IgG ELISA kit is a method designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies against Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV VCA IgG) in plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.29 U/ml.
Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV-VCA) is responsible for the viral capsid of the Epstein–Barr virus and the antigen itself is the target of anti-VCA antibodies. These anti-VCA antibodies play an important role in diagnosing infectious mononucleosis. The identification of high levels of anti-VCA IgM can be used to confirm acute infection, whereas high levels of anti-VCA IgG antibodies indicates prior infection. Anti-VCA IgM is found to appear during the early stages of EBV infection and is gone between 4-6 weeks, whereas anti-VCA IgG is only present during acute phase infection and it peaks at 2-4 weeks and persists throughout the lifetime.
EBV VCA IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- EBV VCA coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV VCA IgG) using current human EBV VCA-IgG ELISA kit was 1.29 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– EBV VCA ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 9.4 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 1.6 – 14.1 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 4.3 – 14.0 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.29 U/mL
– Recovery: 86 – 92 %
– Linearity: 80 – 98 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Mumps, Measles or Varicella.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 96 %
- The use of semi-automated EBV IgG avidity determination for the diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis. J Med Virol. (1998) 54 (2): 145-53. Weissbrich B.
- Seroepidemiology of EBV and interpretation of the “isolated VCA IgG” pattern. J Med Virol. (2009) 81 (2): 325-31. De Paschale M., et al.
- Avidity of EBV VCA specific IgG antibodies: distinction between recent primary infection, past infection and reactivation. J Virol Methods. (1995) 52 (1-2) :95-104. Gray J.J.
- Measurement of EBV IgG anti-VCA avidity aids the early and reliable diagnosis of primary EBV infection. J Med Virol. (2003) 70 (4): 617-23. Robertson P., et al.
- Analysis of immune complexes in rheumatoid arthritis for Epstein-Barr virus antigens reveals cross-reactivity of viral capsid antigen and human IgG. J Immunol. (1987) 138 (2): 407-12. Inman R.D., et al.
- Full Name: EBV VCA IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.29 U/ml