Human DHEA-S ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection of 0.002 µg/ml.
Dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) is abundant adrenal androgen that is in circulation. The majority is known to originate either directly from adrenal secretion or as a result of peripheral sulfation that has been secreted from the adrenal cortex. It is found to circulate at much higher levels when compared to other androgens or related steroids.
DHEA-S does not require to be bound to specific proteins whilst it is in circulation, it also has a long half-life due to it being sulphated and hence is lacking in a circadian rhythm. In general, the levels are found to start increasing after the age of seven, reaching a peak at the age of thirty and thereafter it begins to gradually decrease.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Break apart strips that are coated with DHEA-S antigen.
- Calibrators 0-6: Concentration 0, 0.03, 0.1, 0.3, 1.0, 3.0, 10 µg/ml.
- Control Low And Control High.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Horseradish peroxidase labelled DHEA-S.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 2N hydrochloric acid solution.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) using current DHEA-S ELISA kit was approximately 0.002 µg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.03 – 10.0 µg/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.002 µg/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): The percentage indicates cross reactivity at 50% displacement compared to DHEA-S; Androstenedione (30%), Androsterone (20%), Estriol (1.3%), Progesterone (0.9%), Testosterone (0.7%), 17-Hydroxyprogesterone (0.4%), β-Estradiol, Cortisol (< 0.1%).
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.03 – 10 µg/ml
– Intra-Assay Variation: 6.8 – 8.6%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 9.7 – 11.5%
– Recovery: 84 – 106%
– Linearity: 98 – 113%
– Drug Interferences: Any medication (cream, oil, pill etc.) containing DHEA-S or DHEA will significantly influence the measurement of this analyte.
– Interfering Substances: No interference detected with bilirubin up to 200 mg/L.
- Impact of DHEA(S) and cortisol on immune function in aging: a brief review. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. (2008) 33 (3): 429-33. Review. Buford T.W. and Willoughby D.S.
- Sex Steroids and Major Psychoses: Which Role for DHEA-S and Progesterone. Neuropsychobiology. (2016) 73 (3): 178-83. Buoli M., et al.
- Full Name: DHEA-S ELISA Kit (Dehydroepiandrosterone-Sulfate)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.002 µg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields