Human 17 beta estradiol ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring 17-beta estradiol (17β-estradiol, 17 beta estradiol, 17b-diol) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 8.68 pg/ml.
17 beta estradiol (17β-estradiol, 17b-diol or 17-beta estradiol) is a sex hormone which represents the most important natural-estrogen in humans. It has a major role in reproduction and sexual functioning, there is also evidence to indicate that it can affect many other organs which include bone structure. In females, it is known to act as a growth hormone for tissue that are involved in the reproductive organs and in males it is involved with fertility. The measurement of estradiol levels can be used to evaluate fertility, monitor the ovarian follicular function during the induction phase of ovulation and detect any possible menstrual irregularities that may exist.
In plasma only a small faction is free (the biologically active form) which is approx. 1-3% whereas majority of it is found is bound to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) or albumin. It is only the free form that represents the active molecule during endocrine regulation. It is involved with some types of cancers such as; uterine lining, breast and many benign gynaecologic conditions (leiomyomata uteri, uterine bleeding and endometriosis).
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: 12 x 8 (break apart) strips with 96 wells; Wells coated with 17β estradiol antigen.
- Calibrator 0-5: Concentrations: 0-2000 pg/ml.
- Control 1 (Low) and Control 2 (High).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of antibody labeled horseradish peroxidase in buffered matrix.
- ubstrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 2 N hydrochloric acid solution.
- Wash Solution (10x).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of 17 beta estradiol (17β-estradiol, 17b-diol) using this 17-beta estradiol ELISA kit was approximately 8.68 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this assay is 25.0 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
- Free estradiol and sex hormone-binding globulin. Steroids. (2015) 99 (Pt A): 113-6. Review. Rosner W.
- The role of estradiol in male reproductive function. Asian J Androl. (2016) 18 (3): 435-40. Review. Schulster M., et al.
- Estradiol assays–The path ahead. Steroids. (2015) 99 (Pt A): 39-44. Review. Ketha H., Girtman A. and Singh R.J.
- Correlation between oestradiol and progesterone in cycles with luteal phase deficiency, Fertil. Steril. (1982) 37: 348-54. Goldstein D., et al.
- Full Name: 17 Beta Estradiol ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 8.68 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields