Full Name: Big Dynorphin ELISA Kit (Dyn)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 4.688 pg/ml
Dynorphin, also referred to as Big Dynorphin or Dyn is a peptide that is produced by our body and brain. It plays a role, in bodily functions, such as pain perception, addiction, stress responses and cardiovascular function.
Dynorphin originates from the prohormone prodynorphin. Falls under the category of opioid peptides. While there are types of dynorphins the common variant is called dynorphin A – a 17 amino acid peptide. The effects of dynorphins occur when they bind to and activate kappa receptors found in our body and brain. This binding can lead to analgesic (pain relieving) and dissociative effects as impact mood and behaviour.
The body relies on dynorphin for functions like regulating pain signals and influencing neurotransmitter release such as dopamine. Higher levels tend to be associated with increased pain tolerance. Moreover, it may also have implications in drug addiction and withdrawal scenarios. During withdrawal for instance the levels of dynorphins rise which contribute to negative emotional states experienced during abstinence from drugs. Additionally, exposure to stress triggers an increase, in dynorphin release which can lead to behaviours. However, it is worth noting that at concentrations dynorphin can produce mood effects.
Human big dynorphin ELISA kit can measure concentrations of Dyn (dynorphin) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-Dyn antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this big dynorphin ELISA kit, it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 7.812, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 4.688 pg/ml
Range: 7.813 – 500 pg/ml
Principle: Competitive, Coated with Antigen
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for Dyn, no cross reactivity or interference between Dyn and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (93 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Big dynorphin, a prodynorphin-derived peptide produces NMDA receptor-mediated effects on memory, anxiolytic-like and locomotor behavior in mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. (2006) 31 (9): 1928-37. Kuzmin A., et al.
- Dynorphin Neuropeptides Decrease Apparent Proton Affinity of ASIC1a by Occluding the Acidic Pocket. J Med Chem. (2021) 64 (18): 13299-13311. Leisle L., et al.
- Characterization of big dynorphins from rat brain and spinal cord. Neurosci. (1987) 7 (7): 2049-55. Xie G.X. and Goldstein A.J.
- Dynorphin opioid peptides enhance acid-sensing ion channel 1a activity and acidosis-induced neuronal death. J Neurosci. (2009) 29 (45): 14371-80. Sherwood T.W. and Askwith C.C.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields