Human anti-spermatozoa antibody seminal ELISA kit is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of antibodies directed against anti sperm antibody (ASA, anti-spermatozoa antibody) using human seminal plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 25.0 U/ml.
Mixture of spermatozoa proteins that are recognised by anti-spermatozoa antibodies are coated on the ELISA-plate.
Antibodies that are directed against spermatozoa antigens are found to cause infertility in both men and woman. Anti-spermatozoa antibody (ASA) are known to fight against man’s sperm in the blood, semen or vaginal fluids. These can cause an immune system response which can either damage or even kill sperm in the bodies of men or women. The use of anti-spermatozoa antibody is widely recommended in the diagnosis of immunological disorders of fertility. There is evidence to indicate that if elevated levels of sperm antibodies come into contact with sperm they can make it very difficult or even impossible for the sperm to fertilise an egg (often referred to immunologic infertility). A women can produce sperm antibodies through an allergic reaction to the partner’s semen, whereas in men if the sperm comes into contact with his immune system this can lead to the production of sperm antibodies. Human ASA can also be applied for clinical practices to the diagnosis of infertility in men. Please note: the terms anti-sperm antibodies, anti-spermatozoa antibodies and sperm antibodies are equivalent.
ANTI-SPERMOTAZOA ANTIBODY SEMINAL ELISA KIT
All reagents supplied with this need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: Coated with sperm antigen (mix of spermatozoa proteins).
- Standards 1-4: Concentrations 31, 62, 125, 250 U/ml, made up from anti spermatozoa antibody (ASA).
- Qualtity Control.
- Dilution Buffer/Zero Standard
- Washing Solution (10x).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human spermatozoa antibody (ASA, anti sperm antibody) using current human ASA seminal ELISA kit was 25.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.0 – 250.0 U/ml.
– Anti-Spermatozoa Antibody Seminal (ASA Seminal): ELISA
– Expected Normal Values: Normal values 0 U/mL ‒ 60 U/mL, Borderline 55 U/mL ‒ 65 U/mL, Elevated values > 60 U/mL.
– Intra Assay: 5.69 – 7.92%
– Inter Assay: 6.04 – 8.21%
- A solid-phase assay for the detection of anti-sperm antibodies. Am J Reprod Immunol. (1993) 29 (4): 241-6. Okada H., et al.
- Naturally-occurring anti-sperm antibodies in men: interference with fertility and clinical implications. An update. Front Biosci. (2007) 12: 2890-911. Review. Francavilla F., et al.
- [A quantitative ELISA for the measurement of class-specific anti-spermatozoa antibodies]. Zentralbl Gynakol. (1990) 112 (23): 1455-61. German. Meinecke B., et al.
- Anti-sperm antibodies in the male: detection and clinical impact. Am J Reprod Immunol. (1992) 28 (2): 110-6. Review. Meinertz H.
- Full Name: Anti-Spermatozoa Antibody (ASA) Seminal ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Seminal Plasma
- Sensitivity: 25.0 U/ml