Human anti-ovarian antibody ELISA kit can be used to measure antibodies against ovary antigens (anti ovarian antibody, AOA, anti-ovarian antibody, anti ovarian Ab, oocyte antigens) using human serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 6.0 U/ml.
Mixture of ovary proteins (oocyte antigens) are bound to the surface of the wells of the ELISA plate.
Anti-ovarian antibodies (AOA, oocyte antigens) are found to be responsible for interfering with fertility and ovulation, there are many different types and each one is found to be affecting specific functions of the ovaries. One of the most common antibodies are one that target the eggs (ova) and the ovarian cells, this procedure is highly recommended in order to monitor disorders of ovarian failure and fertility. Anti-ovarian antibodies (AOA) can be predominately discovered in women with premature ovarian failure and unexplained infertility. This procedure can also be applied in clinical practices for the confirmation or the exclusion of antibodies against ovarian tissues being responsible for fertility problems. Recent research with AOA also indicated that they may be linked with higher rates of IVF treatment failure, poor implantation and poor response to hormone therapy. People suffering from endometriosis, Addison’s Disease and thyroid disease also display elevated levels of anti-ovarian antibodies.
ANTI-OVARIAN ANTIBODY ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: Wells coated with a mix of oocyte (anti ovarian) antigens.
- Dilution Buffer/Zero Standard: Concentration 0 U/ml.
- Standards 1-4: Concentration 6, 25, 50, 100 U/ml, made up from anti-ovarian antibody.
- Quality Control: For control values and ranges please refer to CoA.
- Wash Solution (10x).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human antibodies directed to anti ovarian antibodies (anti-ovarian antibody, AOA) using current anti ovarian Ab ELISA kit was 6.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Anti-Ovarian Antibody (AOA): ELISA
– Expected Normal Values: Normal values 0 U/mL ‒ 10 U/mL, Elevated values > 10 U/mL.
– Intra Assay: 5.5 – 7.8%
– Inter Assay: 5.5 – 9.6%
– Interfering Substances: Severely haemolytic or lipaemic sera or sera from patients with liver diseases should not be used.
- Multiplicity of molecular and cellular targets in human ovarian autoimmunity: an update. J Assist Reprod Genet. (2010) 27 (9-10): 519-24. Review. Pires E.S.
- Can anti-ovarian antibody testing be useful in an IVF-ET clinic? J Assist Reprod Genet. (2011) 28 (1): 55-64. Pires E.S., et al.
- Premature ovarian failure. Hum Reprod Update. (2005) 11 (4): 391-410. Review. Goswami D. and Conway G.S.
- The role of genetic and autoimmune factors in premature ovarian failure. J Assist Reprod Genet. (2013) 30 (5): 617-22. Shamilova N.N., et al.
- Radioimmunotherapy of ovarian cancer. Int J Biol Markers. (1993) 8 (3): 187-91. Review. Crippa F.
- Full Name: Anti-Ovarian Antibody ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 6.0 U/ml