Human annexin V ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of annexin V (ANX-V, annexin A5) in human biological fluids, plasma, serum and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.938 ng/ml.
Annexin V which is also usually called annexin A5 is a cellular protein which has been useful in detecting apoptotic cells due to their ability to bind phosphatidylserine (a common marker for apoptosis). There are many publication indicating that annexin V may play a vital in inhibiting blood coagulation through competing with prothrombin for phosphatidylserine binding sites and it is able to inhibit the activity of phospholipase A1.
The following human annexin A5 ELISA kit is suitable for measuring many different diagnostic applications. Annexin A5 is often used as a non-quantitative probe in order to detect cells which are expressing phosphatidylserine on the cell surface, this event is common is cells that are undergoing death or apoptosis. Platelets can also expose phosphatidylserine on the cell surface when they are activated and this can serve as binding site for a number of different coagulation factors. Annexin V has been shown to interact with Integrin, beta 5 and kinase insert domain receptor and also to be upregulated in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Antibodies directed against annexin A5 can be found in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), this is a thrombophilic disease which is linked with autoantibodies against phospholipid compounds.
ANNEXIN V ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti ANX-A5 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.1562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human ANX-V.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled ANX-A5 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of annexin V (annexin-A5, ANX-V) using this human annexin V ELISA kit was 0.938 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.563 – 100.0 ng/ml.
– Annexin V (ANX-V, ANX-A5): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for ANX-A5, no cross reactivity or interference between ANX-A5 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 95%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Annexin A5 as a potential marker in tumors. Clin Chim Acta. (2014) 427: 42-8. Review. Peng B., et al.
- Annexin V, the regulator of phosphatidylserine-catalyzed inflammation and coagulation during apoptosis. Cell Mol Life Sci. (1997) 53 (6): 527-32. Review. Reutelingsperger C.P. and van Heerde W.L.
- Anti-annexins autoantibodies: their role as biomarkers of autoimmune diseases. Autoimmun Rev. (2011) 10 (9): 553-8. Review. Iaccarino L., et al.
- Apoptosis imaging: beyond annexin V. J Nucl Med. (2010) 51 (11): 1659-62. Review. Niu G. and Chen X.
- Annexin-A5 promotes membrane resealing in human trophoblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. (2015) 1853 (9): 2033-44. Review. Carmeille R., et al.
- Annexin V and phospholipid metabolism. Clin Chem Lab Med. (1999) 37 (3): 287-91. Review. Russo-Marie F.
- Full Name: Annexin V (ANX-V) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 0.938 ng/ml