Human androstenedione ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring androstenedione (17-Dione and 4-Androsten-3) in human serum and plasma (EDTA). This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.021 ng/ml.
Androstenedione (also called 4-Androsten-3 or 17-Dione) is a steroid hormone that is produced by either the adrenals or the gonads. It is a very important precursor for estrone and testosterone. This gives it an important role in evaluating the functional state of these glands by simply measuring 4-Androsten-3 levels present in serum.
There are reports that indicate day by day fluctuation levels during the ovulatory cycle. Also, during pregnancy and at the age of puberty the serum levels are found to increase whilst it decreases again following menopause. There is also high circulating levels that has been identified in women with 21-hydroxylase effect and polycystic ovaries. In general the overproduction is usually as a result of ovarian dysfunction or could be of an adrenal origin.
Furthermore, androstenedione and testosterone have been known to show a high diurnal variability, where the morning sample displays the highest levels that are usually measured during the day.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with anti-androstenedione- antibody (polyclonal).
- Standard 0-5: Concentrations 0, 0.1, 0.3, 1.0, 3.0, 10 ng/ml. Standards are calibrated against Reference Material of the National Measurement Institute Australia (NMIA-M955).
- Control Low And Control High.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 1 N acidic solution, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of androstenedione (4-Androsten-3, 17-Dione) using current androstenedione ELISA kit was approximately 0.021 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.021 – 10 ng/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Androstenedione (100.0%), Estriol (1.8%), Testosterone (0.6%), 17 OH-Progesterone (0.3%), Cortisol (0.2%), Aldosterone (0.0%), Androsterone, Dihydrotestosterone, Dihydroepiandrosterone, 16-Epiestriol, Estradiol, Estriol-3-glucuronide, Estriol-16-glucuronide, Estriol-16-sulfate, Estrone, 17a-Pregnenolone, Progesterone (< 0.01%).
– Intra-Assay Variation: 5.3 – 9.2%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 8.1 – 8.3%
– Inter-Lot Variation: 5.2 – 8.7%
– Recovery: 93.3 – 105.6%
– Linearity: 86.7 – 105.6%
– Interfering Substances/Drugs: None
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: None hook effect up to concentrations of 186 ng/ml.
- Immunoanalytical profile of androstenedione. Ann Biol Clin (Paris). (2016) 74 (4): 495-502. Doggui R.
- Screening indicators of dehydroepiandosterone, androstenedione, and dihydrotestosterone use: a literature review. J Anal Toxicol. (2011) 35 (9): 638-55. Review. Shelby M.K., et al.
- Androgen production in women. Fertil Steril. (2002) 77 Suppl 4: S3-5. Review. Burger HG.
- Full Name: Androstenedione ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (EDTA)
- Sensitivity: 0.021 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields