Human APP ELISA kit is a procedure designed for determining in vitro quantitative levels of amyloid precursor protein (APP) in human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 0.563 ng/ml.
Amyloid precursor protein (APP) is an essential integral membrane functioning protein which can be found expressed in a number of different tissues and in particular is concentrated within the synapses of neurons. In humans it is encoded by the APP gene which is known to be located on chromosome 21, it is approx. 290 kb and consists of 18 exons. It is thought to have vital roles in the regulation of neural plasticity, synapse formation and iron export. It is a precursor molecule which can form beta amyloid (Aβ) upon proteolysis.
There are been many publication indicating that APP can undergo extensive post-translational modification such as phosphorylation, glycosylation, tyrosine sulfation, sialylation and many different types of proteolytic processes in order to generate peptide fragment. Often it is found to be cleaved by proteases, this removes the entire extracellular domain in order to release membrane-anchored carboxy-terminal fragments which have been linked to the process of apoptosis. One of the most substantiated role is in synaptic repair and formation, its expression is found to be elevated during neuronal differentiation and following any neural injury.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-APP antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.938, 1.875, 3.75, 7.5, 15, 30, 60 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of amyloid precursor protein (APP) using this APP ELISA kit was 0.563 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.938 – 60 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for APP, no cross reactivity or interference between APP and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 95%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 89%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- The amyloid precursor protein and its network of interacting proteins: physiological and pathological implications. Brain Res Brain Res Rev. (2005) 48 (2): 257-64. Review. Russo C., et al.
- Insights into the physiological function of the β-amyloid precursor protein: beyond Alzheimer’s disease. J Neurochem. (2014) 129 (5): 756-69. Review. Dawkins E. and Small D.H.
- Amyloid-β precursor protein: Multiple fragments, numerous transport routes and mechanisms. Exp Cell Res. (2015) 334 (1): 45-53. Review. Muresan V. and Ladescu Muresan Z.
- Full Name: APP ELISA Kit (Amyloid Precursor Protein)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 0.563 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields