Human 5alpha-DHT ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5alpha DHT, 5-alpha DHT, 5α-DHT) in human serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 7.3 pg/ml.
5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5alpha DHT, 5α-DHT, 5-alpha DHT) is a C19 steroid which contains possesses androgenic activity and is very similar to androstenedione and testosterone, all belonging to a family of hormones which are known as androgens. The majority of androgen are produced in the testes in the Leydig cells, they circulate the blood via binding to either albumin or sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). There is only a small fraction of the steroid which circulates in an unbound form and this is often called the free fractions.
In females, majority of 5α DHT is obtained from androstenedione, whereas in males approx. 70% is derived from the peripheral conversion of testosterone. The liver is the major organ which has the ability to neutralise 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone, where it undergoes a structural modifications which is a prerequisites in order to cause biological inactivation. During this process a number metabolites are formed whilst others are re turned back to circulation before undergoing renal excretion. Some clinical applications where levels of 5-alpha DHT are detected include: female androgenism, male pattern baldness (MPB), benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and 5α-reductase (5-AR) deficiency.
5ALPHA-DHT ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Break apart strips. One 96 well (12×8), wells coated with human DHT polyclonal antibody.
- Enzyme Conjugate, Concentrate (100 x): Consisting of DHT antibody conjugate to HRP, in protein based buffer.
- Standards A-F: Concentrations 0, 25, 100, 500, 1000, 2500 pg/mL. Avoid multiple freezing and thawing cycles.
- Control High And Control Low: Contains human DHT.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (10x).
- Protein Assay Buffer.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5 alpha-DHT, 5-alpha DHT, 5alpha-DHT, 5α-DHT) using current human 5 alpha-DHT ELISA kit was approximately 7.3 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 2,500.0 pg/ml.
– 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5alpha-DHT): ELISA
– Sensitivity: 7.3 pg/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Dihydrotestosterone (100%), Testosterone (8.7%), 5ß – Dihydrotestosterone (2.0%), Androstenedione (0.2%).
– Intra-Assay Precision: 3.33 – 6.425%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 6.49 – 7.47%
– Recovery: 85.1 – 97.9%
– Linearity: 82.2 – 113.8%
– Expected Values: Females (premenopausal 24-368 pg/ml, postmenopausal 10-181 pg/ml), Males (250-990 pg/ml).
- Regulation of aromatase gene expression in Leydig cells and germ cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. (2003) 86 (3-5): 335-43. Review. Bourguiba S., et al.
- The accumulation of 5alpha-dihydrotesterone (5alpha-DHT) by human breast tissue. J Steroid Biochem. (1977) 8 (1): 105-6. Deshpander N., et al.
- Identification of the molecular switch that regulates access of 5alpha-DHT to the androgen receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. (2007) 265-266: 77-82. Review. Penning T.M., et al.
- Androgen receptors in hormone-dependent and castration-resistant prostate cancer. Pharmacol Ther. (2013) 140 (3): 223-38. Review. Shafi A.A., Yen A.E. and Weigel N.L.
- Full Name: 5alpha-DHT ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 7.3 pg/ml