Human 17 beta estradiol E2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring 17-beta estradiol E2 (17β-estradiol E2, 17 beta estradiol E2) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 2.0 pg/ml.
17-beta-estradiol (E2) is produced by the placenta and the ovary. It has a molecular weight of 272.4 Da and is a C18 steroid hormone which is in equilibrium with estrone and it can be converted to estriol by the liver or the placenta. It is essentially defined as a steroid hormone which plays important functions in many different types of organs. For, example E2 has a fundamental role in synaptic plasticity, neurogenesis and neuroprotection. There are a number of clinical applications where the determination of E2 levels has been particularly useful. These include the measurement of estradiol levels in peritoneal fluid, serum and follicular fluid as a vital biochemical tool that is routinely used for investigating sexual diseases, tumors, fertility and disorders of hypothalamic/pituitary/gonadal axis.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: 12 x 8 (break apart) strips with 96 wells, coated with 17-beta estradiol E2 antigen.
- Calibrator 1-5: Concentration 13.0 – 935.0 pg/ml.
- Control 1 (Low) and Control 2 (High).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of antibody labelled horseradish peroxidase in buffered matrix.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution: Contains 2 N hydrochloric acid solution.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of 17-beta estradiol E2 (17β-estradiol E2) using current 17 beta estradiol E2 ELISA kit was approximately 5.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 13.0 – 935.0 pg/ml.
- Subcellular concentrations of estrone, estradiol, androstenedione and 17-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenose (17BOH-SOH) Activity in malignant and non-malignant human breast tissues. Int. J. Cancer (1987) 40: 305-308. Metha R.R.
- Outcome of in vitro fertilization in women with low response to ovarian stimulation. Fertil. and Steril. (1987) 47 (5): 812-815. Pellicer A., et al.
- Dose dependent response of symptoms, pituitary, and bone to transferma oestrogen in postmenopausal women. Br.Med. (1986) 293: 1337-1339. Selby et al.
- Ovarian and adrenal contribution to peripheral androgens during the menstrual cycle. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. (1974) 39: 340-346. Abraham G.E.
- Full Name: 17 Beta Estradiol E2 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 5.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields