- Created on the 22 August, 2017.
Human toxoplasma IgM ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies against toxoplasma gondii using plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.31 U/ml.
Toxoplasma gondii is an oligate intracellular, parasitic alveolate which can lead to toxoplasmosis. The initial infection can lead to stimulating IL-2 and IFN-γ through the innate immune system. It is essential for IFN-γ to be continuously formed since this is responsible for controlling the chronic and the acute infections by T. gondii. There are some recent publication indicating it be associated to some neurological disorders for example schizophrenia and a number of bipolar disorders, it has also be suggested that subtle or personality behavioural changes are possible in infected humans. Diagnosing toxoplasmosis is commonly done via serologic procedures by detecting immunoglobulin antibodies (such as toxoplasma-specific IgM, IgA or IgG) within the first few weeks of infection.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to toxoplasma gondii using current human toxoplasma IgM ELISA kit was 1.31 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 120.0 U/ml.
- Performance characteristics of a commercial antibody-capture enzyme immunoassay for detection of Toxoplasma-specific IgM antibodies. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (1992) 15 (7): 587-93. Gretch D.R., et al.
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Congenital Toxoplasmosis. J Clin Microbiol. (2016) 54 (10):2448-54. Review. Pomares C. and Montoya J.G.
- Comparison of relative uses of commercial assays for Toxoplasma gondii IgM antibodies. J Clin Pathol. (1992) 45 (6): 483-6. Ashburn D., et al.
- Method for differentiation of nonspecific from specific toxoplasma IgM fluorescent antibodies in patients with rheumatoid factor. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. (1975) 148 (4): 1184-8. Hyde B., et al.
- Comparison of six commercial enzyme linked immunosorbent assays for detecting IgM antibodies against Toxoplasma gondii. J Clin Pathol. (1989) 42 (12): 1285-90. Verhofstede C., et al.
- Full Name: Toxoplasma IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.31 U/ml