Full Name: Varicella Zoster IgM ELISA Kit (VZV)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.08 U/ml
Varicella-zoster virus (VZV) also called human herpesvirus type 3 (HHV-3), chickenpox virus and varicella virus. An infectious disease that is responsible for causing either varicella (chickenpox) or herpes zoster (singles). Following the primary infection of chickenpox, this virus is known to go dormant within the nerve cells (such as autonomic ganglia, cranial nerve ganglia and dorsal root ganglia).
VZV can multiplies in the lungs and is responsible for many complicated symptoms for example bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia. The virons are 180–200 nm, spherical and contain a linear double stranded DNA molecule which is 125,000 nucleotides in length. Serological screen of IgM class antibodies to VZV can be used as an indication of anacute or even a recent infection, where measuring IgG class of antibodies can be used to identify the non-immune individuals.
Human Varicella zoster IgM ELISA kit is a procedure intended for measuring in-vitro amounts of human IgM class antibodies against Varicella zoster virus Varicella-IgM) using samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.08 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Varicella zoster antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator A: Negative Control.
- Calibrator B: Cut-Off Control.
- Calibrator C: Weak Positive Control.
- Calibrator D: Weak Positive Control.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM antibodies to Varicella zoster virus (Varicella-IgM) using current Varicella IgM ELISA kit was 1.08 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 6.2 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 7.4 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 3.1 – 10.0 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.08 U/mL
– Recovery: 130 – 136 %
– Linearity: 94 – 135 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Measles and Mumps.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL and hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 88 %
- Serological diagnosis of varicella-zoster virus in sera with antibody-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of IgM. J Virol Methods. (2000) 84 (2): 169-73. Oladepo D.K., et al.
- Detection of antibody to varicella zoster virus by competitive and IgM antibody capture immunoassay. J Med Virol. (1981) 8 (2): 89-101. Tedder R.S., et al.
- Frequency and specificity of varicella zoster-virus IgM response. J Virol Methods. (1982) 5 (3-4): 219-27. Sundqvist V.A.
- IgM to varicella zoster virus: demonstration in patients with and without clinical zoster. Pediatr Infect Dis. (1982) 1 (3): 164-7. Gershon A.A., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of virus-specific IgM antibodies to varicella-zoster virus. Intervirology. (1980) 13 (4): 214-22. Hacham M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields