Human total triiodothyronine ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure to analyse total T3 (triiodothyronine) levels in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a detectable sensitivity limit of < 0.1 ng/ml.
Thyroid hormones are essential regulators which are known to influence cellular metabolism, growth, differentiation and overall general hormone balance. The measurement of total T3 is seen as a valuable marker in the diagnosis of thyroid dysfunction (hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism). An increase in the levels of T3 without any elevation in T4 is a frequent forerunner of recurrent thyrotoxicosis in patients that were treated previously.
This total T3 ELISA kit is an ideal tool for detecting total triiodothyronine, the development of monospecific antiserum and discovery of specific blocking agents to the T3 binding serum proteins has contributed to the significant improvement in methodology over the last few decades.
TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells, 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with goat anti-mouse antibody (polyclonal).
- Standard 0-5: Concentrations: 0-10.0 ng/mL. Made up from triiodothyronine.
- Control Low and Control High. Containing human T3.
- Assay Reagent.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti-triiodothyronine antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 0.5 M H2SO4. Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum detectable sensitivity limit of human total triiodothyronine (T3) using current total T3 ELISA kit was < 0.1 ng/ml. The standard range was calculated to be between 0.5 – 10.0 ng/ml.
- Radioimmunoassay for Triiodothyronine (T3): Affinity and Specificity of Antibody for T3. J Clinical Endocrinol. (1971) 33,509. Gharib, H., Ryan, R.J., Mayberry, W.E. and Hockett, T.
- An improved radioimmunoassay of triiodothyronine in human serum. J. Lab Clinical Med. (1971) 80, 729. Chopra, I.J., Ho, R.S. and Lam, R.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Disease, Cleveland CRC Press, (1975) p.9-51. Sterling, L.
- An automated chemiluminescent immunoassay test for total triiodothyronine.” Clin.Chem. (1991) 37, 941. Comeau, L., et.al.
- Full Name: Total Triiodothyronine ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: < 0.1 ng/ml