Human TBEV IgG ELISA kit is a procedure intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies against Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV-IgG, FSME) virus using samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 3.2 U/ml.
Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV) is a member of the genus Flavivirus which also includes Louping ill virus (in UK), Omsk hemorrhagic fever virus (in Siberia), Kyasanur forest disease virus (in India) and Alkhurma virus (in Saudi Arabia). Louping ill virus is responsible for primarily causing disease in sheep and can lead to TBE-like illness to any person who is in contact with these infected sheep (for example butchers, veterinarians and even laboratory workers). The replication of the virus takes place in the cytoplasma of the infected cells and the pathogen itself made up of a single stranded RNA which can be inactivated by sodium desoxycholate or ether. The highest period of tick activity/infections occurs between the months of April to November and are most frequent in rural areas. The standard incubation period of TBE is often between 7-14 days and is also asymptomatic, there have been reports of shorter incubation times which tend to follow milk-borne exposure. Laboratory diagnosis of a fresh infection can be determined by measuring specific IgM antibodies, determining the IgG levels helps to monitor the course of the disease following infection and to analyse the immune status following an active vaccination/immunization protection program.
TBEV IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- TBEV Antigen Coated Microtiter Strips. (IgG)
- Calibrator A-E: 0, 10, 100, 300, 1000 U/mL.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Washing Buffer (10x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG antibodies to Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV IgG) using current TBEV-IgG ELISA kit was 3.2 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 1,000.0 U/ml.
– TBEV ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 5.4 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 6.8 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 5.3 – 8.1 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 3.2 U/mL
– Recovery: 97 – 107 %
– Linearity: 84 – 125 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Measles and Borrelia.
– Interferences: No interferences to triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL, bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL and hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Comparison of six different commercial IgG-ELISA kits for the detection of TBEV-antibodies. J Clin Virol. (2001) 20 (3): 179-82. Niedrig M., et al.
- IgGAvidity: an Important Serologic Marker for the Diagnosis of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus Infection. Pol J Microbiol. (2016) 65 (1): 119-21. Vilibic-Cavlek T, et al.
- Comparison of Two Commercial Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus IgG Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2015) 22 (7): 754-60. Weissbach F.H. and Hirsch H.H.
- Humoral immunity against tick-borne encephalitis virus following manifest disease and active immunization. Vaccine. (1991) 9 (1): 42-6. Klockmann U., et al.
- Full Name: TBEV IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 3.2 U/ml